No matter what age you may be, if you’re a serious NFL betting follower, then you almost assuredly know something about legendary Hall of Fame running back Gayle Sayers. While former running back Terrell Davis may not be the household name that Sayers always will be, the former Denver Broncos superstar ha a career that nearly mirrored that of Sayers, even if he isn’t quite remembered in the annals of league history they way Sayers is. Nevertheless, both players had very similar careers, making them perfect candidates for this mybookie.ag NFL comparison column original. With the NFL offseason dragging along and pro football fans and bettors in need of some sort of a fix, this fun-filled comparison on the careers of Sayers and Davis will be just what the doctor ordered. Sayers’ gridiron genius earned him a place in the Pro Football Hall of Fame while Davis’ special abilities helped the Denver Broncos win consecutive Super Bowl titles in 1997 and 1998. My question now, is simple. Which fleet-footed running back was the better player? Let’s take a look at the careers of both players before I make my selection.
My Pick: I never saw Gale Sayers play live, (I was thisclose) but I am convinced that he was literally, in a class of his own. Don’t get me wrong, by no means whatsoever was Terrell Davis chopped liver and again, I believe he should have already been inducted into the Hall of Fame, but for me, Gale Sayers, (next to Barry Sanders), was the most elusive running back of all-time and a player that could beat you in more ways than anyone not named Walter Payton.
Not only was Gale Sayers a threat to score every time he touched the ball from his running back position, but he was also one of the greatest return men in NFL history and could throw the ball better than some of today’s confused signal-callers. In closing, I’m going to give Sayers the nod over Davis in a close, close call.
The Pick: Gayle Sayers
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Updated NFC Playoff Picture: Bucs In Trouble?
- Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Line and Betting Trends November 29, 2020
- Texans at Lions Odds 2020 Thanksgiving Computer Picks
- NFL 2020 Week 12 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Nov. 24th Edition
- Joe Burrow’s Season-Ending Injury Hands Offensive Rookie Of The Year To Justin Herbert
- NFL Rumors: Thursday Could Be Last Game As Lions Coach For Matt Patricia
- Cowboys vs. Washington Odds for Week 12 Thanksgiving Day
- Thursday Night Football: Steelers vs. Ravens Odds and Computer Picks for Week 12
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Los Angeles Rams: Monday Night Football Odds and Computer Picks November 23, 2020
- New York Giants vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Odds and Computer Picks November 29, 2020
- Dolphins vs. Jets: Week 12 Line and Betting Trends
- Raiders vs. Falcons Line and Betting Trends November 29, 2020
- Buffalo Bills vs. Los Angeles Chargers: Line and Betting Trends for Week 12
- Browns vs. Jaguars: Week 12 Line and Betting Trends