It has been nearly two months since New York Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey announced that Geno Smith would be the team’s starting QB in 2015, but the debates about the 24-year-old quarterback’s impact on the new season’s football odds are still dominant in the NFL odds and headlines. To understand Smith as a player and the value he brings to the Jets in 2015, here is brief look at his NFL career so far.
The biggest competition for Smith at the QB position in 2015 will be Ryan Fitzpatrick, an offseason acquisition from the Houston Texans. This is how the numbers from the two quarterbacks compare from last season:
• Smith completed 59.7 percent of his passes for 2,525 yards, 13 TDs and 13 picks in 2014, with a 77.5 QB rating
• Fitzpatrick completed 63.1 percent of his passes for 2,483 yards, 17 TDs and 8 picks in 2014, with a career-best 95.3 QB rating
Evidently, Fitzpatrick had a more efficient season than Smith in 2014, but with 2015 being his third season in league, there could be a chance for Smith to improve.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Conference Championship Playoffs Power Rankings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 21st Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Championship Round Odds and Computer Picks January 24, 2021
- Possible Super Bowl Matchups After Divisional Round Games
- NFL 2021 Power Rankings After Divisional Round Games
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition