The Chicago Bears (5-7) are an underdog by just 1.0 point as they aim to end a six-game slide in a matchup against the Houston Texans (4-8) on Sunday, December 13, 2020 at Soldier Field. The over/under is set at 44.5 for the contest.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 13, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Stadium: Soldier Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston is just 4-8 against the spread.
- The Texans have an even ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 1.0-point favorites.
- Houston has played in six games this year that went over the point total (50% of its opportunities).
- The Texans average points scored this season (24) and the Bears points allowed (23.7) are within 0.3 points of each other.
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Houston is 4-1 and 3-2 against the spread.
- Chicago is 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.7 points.
Bears Betting Insights
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — seven out of 12 — have finished under the point total (58.3%).
- Chicago has compiled a losing 5-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Bears are just 0-2 ATS when an underdog by at least 1.0 point.
- The average points per game output for the Bears this season, 20.5, is 6.4 fewer than the 26.9 the Texans have given up in each contest.
- Chicago is 3-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread when they score at least 20.5 points this season.
- Houston is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.9 points.
|Bears (+1)||Over (44.5)||Bears 25 Texans 23|
- The average over/under the Texans have had set in games this season is 6.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bears this year is 0.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Texans and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under (44.5 points) in 83.3% of their outings this year (10 of 12 opportunities).
- The Bears and their opponents have added up to score more than 44.5 points in 41.7% of their matchups this season (five of 12 opportunities).
- The Texans and the Bears combine to average the exact same points per game as the total of 44.5 points set for this outing.
- The Texans and the Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 6.1 more points per game than the over/under of 44.5 set for this game.
Texans vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
Houston holds an edge against Chicago over the last five matchups between these two squads, collecting a 4-0 record in those games. Houston has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, scoring 91 points while Chicago notched 49.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/11/2016||N/A||Texans||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||344-258 HOU||23-14 HOU|
|11/11/2012||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||249-215 CHI||13-6 HOU|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Texans and their opponents have combined to score an average of 53 points in their last three games, 8.5 more than the 44.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Houston is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over their last three contests.
- Houston has hit under the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Bears have averaged a total of 54 combined points over their last three games, 9.5 greater than this matchup’s total of 44.5.
- Chicago is just 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- Chicago has gone over the total two times in the last three contests.
Texans: WR Randall Cobb: Out (Toe), SS Michael Thomas: Out (Shoulder), CB Bradley Roby: Out (Suspended), ILB Benardrick McKinney: Out (Shoulder), WR Will Fuller V: Out (Suspension), RB C.J. Prosise: Questionable (Illness), OLB Brennan Scarlett: Out (Forearm), CB Gareon Conley: Out (Ankle), TE Pharaoh Brown: Questionable (Concussion), OLB Dylan Cole: Out (Back), DT P.J. Hall: Out (Torn Pectoral), OLB Duke Ejiofor: Out (Torn Acl), FB Cullen Gillaspia: Out (Back)
Bears: WR Dwayne Harris: Out (Triceps), OT Bobby Massie: Out (Knee), ILB Manti Te’o: Out (Illness), OLB James Vaughters: Questionable (Knee), CB Artie Burns: Out (Torn Acl), DE Roy Robertson-Harris: Out (Shoulder), TE J.P. Holtz: Questionable (Shoulder), DB Tre Roberson: Out (Foot), RB Tarik Cohen: Out (Knee), G James Daniels: Out (Pectoral), K Eddy Piñeiro: Out (Groin), WR Thomas Ives: Out (Illness), TE Darion Clark: Out (Shoulder), DL LaCale London: Out (Illness)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Championship Round Odds and Computer Picks January 24, 2021
- Possible Super Bowl Matchups After Divisional Round Games
- NFL 2021 Power Rankings After Divisional Round Games