In 2014, the Indianapolis Colts were one of the best teams to ride on in the NFL betting odds, finishing the season on an 11-5 mark and going as far as the AFC Championship game, where they were eliminated by the New England Patriots, the eventual Super Bowl XLIX winners. The Houston Texans, under the stewardship of first-year coach Bill O’Brien, made a giant leap, improving from a 2-14 last-place finish in the AFC South in 2013 to a 9-7 finish in 2014, good for second-best in the division. Outside the Colts and Texans, there was barely any competition for the divisional title from the remaining members of the AFC South, with Jacksonville and Tennessee combining for just 5 wins and a whopping 27 losses in 2014. To put these numbers into perspective, no two bottom-placed teams in any NFL division, including the NFC South where all teams finished with below .500 records, combined for a record that bad. A recent NFL.com analysis on divisional All-Star teams went as far as ranking the AFC South dead last in the league. So is the AFC South the worst or least-talented division in the league? Marcus Mariota, while the defense has pieces like DE Jurell Casey, S Da’Norris Searcy and linebackers Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan, who are likely to ensure a good season for Tennessee in 2015. Adam Vinatieri ranking among the best in their respective special teams positions. Sources: ESPN.go.com (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2576980/marcus-mariota) Sports.Yahoo.com (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3727/)
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 12th Edition
- NFL NFC Divisional Round Predictions, Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers Odds, Betting Trends