The AFC West-leading Kansas City Chiefs (12-1) square off against the NFC South-leading New Orleans Saints (10-3) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Kansas City is a 4.0-point favorite in the matchup. An over/under of 51.5 is set in the contest.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City is just 6-7 against the spread.
- The Chiefs are just 5-6 ATS when favored by at least 4.0 points.
- Just seven of Kansas City’s 13 games this year have gone over the point total (46.2% of its opportunities).
- The Chiefs have put an average of 31 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 10.6 more than the 20.4 the Saints have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 7-1 and 4-4 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 20.4 points.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans has a 7-6 record against the spread.
- The Saints are just 3-5 ATS when an underdog by at least 4.0 points.
- Eight New Orleans’ 13 games this year have gone over the point total (61.5% of its outings).
- The Saints have averaged 6.7 more points this season (28.3) than the Chiefs have allowed (21.6).
- New Orleans is 5-1 overall and 4-2 against the spread when they score at least 28.3 points this season.
- Kansas City is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.6 points.
|Saints (+4)||Under (51.5)||Saints 26 Chiefs 25|
- The Chiefs and their opponents have scored no less than 51.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 13 games (53.8%) this year.
- In five of 13 opportunities (38.5%) this season, New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score at least 51.5 points.
- The Chiefs and the Saints combine to average 7.8 more points per game than the total of 51.5 set for this game.
- The Chiefs and the Saints have seen their opponents average a combined 9.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 51.5 set in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Chiefs have had set in matchups this year is 1.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Saints games this year is 2.8 less points than the point total of 51.5 in this outing.
Chiefs vs Saints: Last 5 Meetings
Kansas City has an edge against New Orleans in the last five matchups between these two teams, collecting a 3-2 record in those games. Kansas City has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 119 points while New Orleans scored 115.
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|10/23/2016||Chiefs||463-326 NO||27-21 KC|
|9/23/2012||Saints||510-288 KC||27-24 KC|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Kansas City is just 0-3 against the spread and 3-0 straight up over their last three contests.
- The under has been familiar to Kansas City. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Chiefs have averaged a total of 49.7 combined points over their last three games, 1.8 less than this game’s over/under of 51.5.
- New Orleans has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three outcomes.
- The under has been the norm for New Orleans. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three games.
- The Saints total over the last three games is 12.8 points fewer than the 51.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
Chiefs: G Kelechi Osemele: Out (Knee), OT Mitchell Schwartz: Out (Back), OT Mike Remmers: Questionable (Back), LB Damien Wilson: Questionable (Knee), DE Taco Charlton: Out (Leg), LB Dorian O’Daniel: Out (Ankle), WR Byron Pringle: Out (Ankle), CB Alex Brown: Out (Torn Acl)
Saints: QB Drew Brees: Out (Ribs), CB Patrick Robinson: Out (Hamstring), DB Johnson Bademosi: Out (Undisclosed), WR Bennie Fowler: Out (Shoulder), DT Malcom Brown: Questionable (Shoulder), OL Nick Easton: Questionable (Concussion), DE Noah Spence: Out (Knee), SS Marcus Williams: Questionable (Undisclosed), WR Deonte Harris: Questionable (Neck), DT Jalen Dalton: Out (Tricep), WR Marquez Callaway: Out (Knee), P Blake Gillikin: Out (Back)