The recent free agent moves by the New York Giants have been viewed by a section of the fans as a waste of money that could have guaranteed better players during drafting at a cheaper rate. What stirred up such reactions was the fact that some of the contracts came with huge guaranteed payments. Among the new free agent contracts under criticism include Jonathan Casillas who landed a three-year, $8 million deal, with $2.975 million guaranteed contract, J.T. Thomas (who go a three-year, $12 million deal with $4.5 million guaranteed) and Dwayne Harris (five-year, $17.5 million deal with $7.1 million guaranteed). Whether or not Casillas’ contract will prove a worthy investment is something we will have to wait and see as the season goes. But in the meantime, we can have a look at his career so far to gauge how he is likely to influence the NFL betting odds in 2015.
Casillas’ has grown fond of being a free agent after not being drafted in 2009, only to be signed later by the Saints. He had suffered a knee injury that kept him on the bench for most of the season. Even so, he featured in the Super Bowl XLIV where he was credited with a third-quarter recovery onside kick that helped the Saints beat the Indianapolis Colts 31-17.
In 2010, he was expected to become the starting linebacker for the saints, but a foot injury suffered in the preseason brought an untimely end to his season, as he was placed on the injury recovery list.
In 2013, he switched sides to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, ending a three year period with the Saints. After 12 games, he suffered another knee injury ending his season. In 2014, Casillas got a one year contract extension with the Buccaneers. His last stop before joining the Giants was with the Patriots, where he won his second Super Bowl title. Evidently, he’s been a lucky player, with success seemingly following him even when he has not done much to earn it. On top of the two super bowl champion’s medals, he has won the NFC Championship medal in 2009 and the AFC Champion medal in 2014.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- How to Bet Broncos at Cardinals NFL Week 7 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Colts at Jets NFL Week 6 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Falcons NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Eagles at Giants NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game