The Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears were both hoping for brand new starts when they made their respective new head coach hires following the 2017 regular season. While the Bears took off last season en route to a 12-win campaign that saw them reach the postseason by winning the NFC North, the Lions have actually gone backwards from the consecutive nine-win records they recorded under former head coach Jim Caldwell in 2016 and 2017. Now, with both teams mired in the midst of mediocrity, let’s find out which one of these longtime rivals is going to give their now, narrow, playoff hopes a boost by getting the win in this one.
Lions vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Detroit / Chicago
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 10 Odds: Chicago -3 / Total: 42.5
Why Bet On Detroit?
While the Lions have dropped four of their last five games including a 31-24 road loss at Oakland last weekend, there are a few good reasons to back the Lions in this NFC North divisional battle. First, Detroit has the more explosive offense in putting up almost eight points per game more than Chicago. Then, there’s the fact that Detroit’s third-ranked passing attack will be going up against a Bears pass defense that ranks a modest 14th this season. Last but not least, the Lions have the better quarterback by far in this matchup and they’ve scored 24 or more in three straight while Chicago has been held to 21 or less in three of their last four.
- Average Score For: 25.71
- Total Yards: 379.57
- Pass Yards: 282.71
- Rush Yards: 96.86
- Average Score Against: 26.57
- Total Yards: 420.28
- Pass Yards: 289.57
- Rush Yards: 130.71
Why Bet On Chicago?
While the Bears have dropped four straight including a 22-14 road loss at Philly on Sunday, there are still a few good reasons to back the Bears in Week 10. First, Chicago is ranked an encouraging sixth in points allowed by limiting the opposition to a modest 18.0 points per game. Then, there’s the fact that Chicago is playing at home and facing a Lions team that struggled against their division rivals recently. Last but not least, Chicago is completely and utterly desperate and playing at home where they’ll be looking to improve on their uninspiring 1-3 mark so far this season.
- Average Score For: 18.29
- Total Yards: 281.43
- Pass Yards: 198.29
- Rush Yards: 83.14
- Average Score Against: 17.43
- Total Yards: 316.57
- Pass Yards: 230.57
- Rush Yards: 86.00
NFL Week 10 Betting Trends for Lions vs Bears
- Lions are 2-6-1 ATS in the last 9 games against Chicago
- Lions are 1-4 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games
- Bears are 1-4 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 10 of Chicago’s last 13 games
Lions vs Bears Expert Analysis and Prediction
I’m not gonna’ lie, this week 10 divisional battle is a bit of a tough call. On the one hand, the Bears are playing at home and they are completely desperate. On the other hand, third-year quarterback Mitch Trubisky is pretty damned awful from my vantage point and not nearly as good as Detroit veteran Matthew Stafford. Then, there’s the fact that, while Chicago has a stout defense, the Lions have put 30 points on the board against Minnesota and 27 points on Philadelphia, two teams with solid defenses.
In the end, I’m going with Chicago to eke out the win and super narrow ATS cover simply because I expect their defense tho show up in a big way, combined with the fact that they will likely be highly focused and playing at home against a division rival.
Detroit has gone an uninspiring 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against their NFC North division rivals and 1-5-1 ATS in their last seven games in the month of November. Conversely, Chicago has gone a bankroll-boosting 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games against their division rivals, 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games against a team with a losing record and 4-1-1 in the last six meetings against Detroit. Again, the Bears win and narrowly cover the spread as a field goal home favorite.
Pick: Chicago 24 Detroit 20
More NFL Week 10 Betting News
- Seahawks vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Chargers vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Vikings vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Week 10 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- Panthers vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Cardinals vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 10 Spread & Expert Prediction
- Chiefs vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 10 Lines, Game Preview & Betting Pick
- Rams vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds & Game Analysis
- Dolphins vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 10 Lines, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- Giants vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week Ten Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 748)
- Falcons vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 10 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Bills vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 10 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Lions vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 10 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Ravens vs Bengals 2019 NFL Week 10 Lines, Preview & Prediction