Sure, the Los Angeles needed an awful missed pass interference call in order to get past New Orleans and reach Super Bowl 53, but now that the Rams are in, they look like they could very well win it all despite being a slight underdog against Tom Brady and the perennially-powerful New England Patriots.
With Super Bowl 53 getting underway on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 6:30 PM ET, live from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, let’s take an in-depth look at the Rams as they get set for the biggest game in franchise history since they last reached the Super Bowl – opposite New England way back in 2002. Now, before getting started, be sure to download our exclusive Super Bowl LIII bracket, completely free!
Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: CBS
- Radio: New England / Los Angeles
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- Super Bowl LIII Odds: New England -2 / Total: 58
The Los Angeles Rams (15-3 SU, 9-8-1 ATS, 9-9 O/U) won their final two regular season games and took out Dallas 30-22 in a game that wasn’t nearly as close as the final score would indicate. Los Angeles then upset New Orleans 23-20 in overtime this past weekend in the NFC Championship game, but their win was surrounded in controversy as L.A. defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman clearly committed pass interference on New Orleans’ Tommylee Lewis that would have given the Saints a first down at the 10-yard-line with under two minutes remaining.
Jared Goff passed for 297 yards with one touchdown and one interception and L.A. got the win on Greg Zuerlein’s 57-yard field goal in overtime after the veteran booted a 48-yarder with just 15 seconds remaining in regulation to get the game to OT.
- Total Yards: 421.1
- Passing Yards: 281.70
- Rushing Yards: 139.40
- Points Scored: 32.90
- Field Goal %: 82.90
As you can see from the above chart, the Rams average a stellar 32.9 points per game to rank second in scoring while ranking a fantastic fifth in passing and third in rushing. Los Angeles scored at least 30 points 13 times this season including the playoffs while topping the 40-point plateau once and the 50-point plateau one time as well.
- Total Yards: 358.60
- Passing Yards: 236.20
- Rushing Yards: 122.30
- Points Scored: 24
- Field Goal %: 89.30
Defensively, the Rams are allowing 24.0 points per game defensively, but they shut down Dallas in the divisional round and held the high-scoring Saints to a modest 20 points in the NFC championship game. Veteran cornerback Aqib Talib’s return from injury for the NFC Championship game clearly made a difference as the Rams held Drew Brees to a modest 249 passing yards and Pro Bowl wide receiver Michael Thomas to just four catches for 36 yards.
Key ATS Trends
- The Rams have gone 5-4 ATS in their nine road games this season.
- Rams are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Rams are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.
- Rams are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Rams are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Rams are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
Key Over/Under Trends
- Over is 9-3 in Rams last 12 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Over is 8-3 in Rams last 11 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Over is 5-2 in Rams last 7 games on grass.
Key Head-to-Head Trends
- Patriots are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.
- Underdog is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
Expert Betting Insight for Los Angeles Rams
The Rams have been fantastic away from the cozy comforts of home this season while New England has struggled in going 4-5 in their nine road dates this season. Los Angeles hits Super Bowl 53 having won seven of their nine road dates this season and three of their last four road games overall.
Los Angeles has a legitimate superstar in running back Todd Gurley (1,251 yards, 21 TDs) and they’ve been even better rushing the ball in recent weeks thanks to the late-season addition of veteran running back C.J. Anderson. Since making his first appearance for L.A. in Week 16, Anderson has now become an integral part of the Rams’ two-headed rushing attack. Anderson topped the century mark in three straight games before rushing for a modest 44 yards against the Saints this past weekend.
Quarterback Jared Goff passed for 4,688 yards this season with 32 TD passes and 12 interceptions. Wide receiver Robert Woods tallied a team-high 1,219 receiving yards while superstar defensive lineman Aaron Donald picked up a league-high 20.5 sacks while pretty much dominating every offensive lineman he faced (again).
Los Angeles is a modest 3-3 SU and ATS in their last half-dozen games as an underdog. The Rams are 8-2 SU and 5-5 ATS in their last 10 games away from home. Los Angeles has won eight straight in their last 10 meetings against their AFC counterparts while going 5-4-1 ATS along the way.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team