Ever since the St. Louis Rams selected running back Todd Gurley with the #10 pick in April, everyone has been wondering whether his ACL tear will be healed in time for him to play soon. NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports that Gurley will not appear in the preseason, and he is likely to miss a few games at the start of the regular season. Rapoport notes that the ligament itself is strong but the surrounding tissue is still too weak for him to play, and the Rams will not risk putting Gurley back into action too early. Because Gurley has gifts that have not been on display by a rookie since the arrival of Adrian Peterson, the Rams are right to be cautious. If he can come back full strength, he could have a monster of a second half of the NFL betting season. Ben Malena, Joe McKnight and Pierre Thomas to audition for the spot that Arian Foster has vacated because of his groin surgery, they haven’t signed any of the three and appear to be comfortable with the backups they have – and they don’t see a need to bring in Ray Rice. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports that the team did offer a veteran minimum contract ($870,000) to Thomas, but Thomas turned him down. If the trifecta of Chris Polk, Jonathan Grimes and Alfred Blue do not have a productive preseason, the Texans may go back to Thomas with a bigger offer. Anthony Davis retired? He might be back next season. He might be surprised, though, to find the welcome muted, as teams are often less than enthusiastic with former retirees who left the league with scant notice. It’s also hard for players to come back from long absences that don’t involve injury rehabilitation and then play at an elite level. Sources: ESPN.go.com (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/17319/ben-malena) NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/anthonydavis/2508079/profile)
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 12th Edition
- NFL NFC Divisional Round Predictions, Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers Odds, Betting Trends
- NFL AFC Divisional Round Predictions, Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills Odds, Betting Trends
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks