Saying that Johnny Manziel was a NFL betting bust in his first rookie season with the Browns would be an understatement of the highest order. His weak arm strength, poor playing mechanics, subpar quarterback IQ, irritable on-field attitude, and virtually everything he did was wrong. This was not the dominant footballer who won the hearts of the Heisman Trophy voters in 2012 after having a monster season at Texas A&M… The pocket-throwing specialist who boasted of a 73 percent completion of his throws and used his speed to keep defenses at bay, while creating extra spaces and times for his receivers… This was not the Johnny Football we had mesmerizingly watched and easily loved in his very successful college career that oozed of charisma and leadership. In 2014, at the biggest of stages in football, Manziel had failed miserably and was a pathetic shadow of his media-trumpeted shining Pro-football career.
But then again, with just seven quarters of football as a rookie, it’s probably unfair to be highly critiquing of Johnny Football. After all, New Orleans QB Drew Brees was a slow starter in the league, but was able to work on his game and is now among the best passers in the league. Not to mention, the confused and unstable football system in Cleveland is a near-guarantee for failure by any player, so some share of the blame goes to the team.
Nonetheless, with Manziel’s constant off-field drama and the demand for results by his employers, the scrutiny and pressure will only increase for him. Therefore, the sooner he can find his way, the better it will be for him and his beleaguered pro-career on and off the field.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 12th Edition
- NFL NFC Divisional Round Predictions, Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers Odds, Betting Trends
- NFL AFC Divisional Round Predictions, Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills Odds, Betting Trends
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks