The Buffalo Bills (12-3) are 3.5-point favorites as they aim to extend their five-game winning streak in a matchup with the Miami Dolphins (10-5) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Bills Stadium. An over/under of 47.5 is set in the game.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Orchard Park, NY
- Stadium: Bills Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Bills Betting Insights
- Buffalo’s games have hit the over in 10 out of 15 outings this season (66.7%).
- Buffalo has compiled a 10-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Bills are 5-3 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The Bills have put an average of 29.7 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 10.9 more than the 18.8 the Dolphins have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Buffalo score at least 29.7 points this season, they are 7-1 overall and 7-1 against the spread.
- Miami is 7-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 18.8 points.
Dolphins Betting Insights
- Just nine of Miami’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (40% of its opportunities).
- Miami has put together an 11-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Dolphins are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- The Dolphins average points scored this season (25.2) and the Bills points allowed (23.3) are within 1.9 points of each other.
- Miami is 6-2 overall and 7-1 against the spread when they score at least 25.2 points this season.
- Buffalo is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.3 points.
|Bills (-3.5)||Over (47.5)||Bills 28 Dolphins 21|
- The Bills and their opponents have combined for 47.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 15 outings (53.3%) this season.
- Miami and its opponents have added up to score more than 47.5 points in 46.7% of their matchups this year (seven of 15 opportunities).
- The Bills and the Dolphins combine to average 7.4 more points per game than the over/under of 47.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.4 less points per game (42.1) than this game’s over/under of 47.5 points.
- The average point total for Bills games this season is 5.4 more points than the over/under of 47.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Dolphins games this year is 3.5 less points than the point total of 47.5 in this outing.
Bills vs Dolphins: Last 5 Meetings
Buffalo holds an edge against Miami over the past five meetings between these two squads, recording a 4-1 record in those games. The Dolphins are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Bills. Buffalo has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 158 points while Miami put up 107.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/20/2020||Bills||Dolphins||-5.50||42.00||-225||+195||524-410 BUF||31-28 BUF|
|11/17/2019||Bills||Dolphins||-7||41.5||-345||+290||424-303 BUF||37-20 BUF|
|10/20/2019||Bills||Bills||-17||42||-1115||+850||381-305 MIA||31-21 BUF|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Bills||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||381-225 BUF||42-17 BUF|
|12/2/2018||N/A||Dolphins||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||415-175 BUF||21-17 MIA|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Bills total over the last three games is 4.2 points more than the 47.5 total given for this matchup.
- Buffalo has gone 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall over the last three contests.
- Buffalo has finished under the total one time in the last three contests.
- The Dolphins have averaged a total of 48.3 combined points over their last three games, 0.8 greater than this game’s total of 47.5.
- Miami has been playing well lately, going 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over their last three contests.
- Miami has gone over the total two times in their last three outcomes.
Bills: WR Cole Beasley: Questionable (Leg), WR John Brown: Out (Illness), RB T.J. Yeldon: Out (Illness), OT Cody Ford: Out (Knee), TE Tommy Sweeney: Out (Foot), RB Christian Wade: Out (Illness), CB Cam Lewis: Out (Wrist), OLB Del’Shawn Phillips: Out (Quadriceps), WR Isaiah Hodgins: Out (Shoulder), CB Dane Jackson: Questionable (Knee), TE Reggie Gilliam: Questionable (Knee), DB Josh Thomas: Out (Illness)
Dolphins: WR DeVante Parker: Questionable (Hamstring), DE Shaq Lawson: Questionable (Ankle), WR Jakeem Grant Sr.: Doubtful (Ankle), LB Elandon Roberts: Questionable (Knee), LB Vince Biegel: Out (Torn Achilles), NT Davon Godchaux: Out (Biceps), DE Jonathan Ledbetter: Out (Ankle), WR Preston Williams: Out (Foot), G Solomon Kindley: Questionable (Knee), DE Tyshun Render: Out (Illness)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL 2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year Betting Odds
- NFL Washington Football Team Calendar Betting Odds & Analysis
- Which NFL Teams Look to Have the Best Odds to End their Super Bowl Shortage
- NFL 2021 Win/Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction For Cleveland Browns
- NFL 2021 Win/Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction For New York Jets