The Minnesota Vikings (6-9), losers of three games in a row, square off against the Detroit Lions (5-10), who are on a three-game losing streak, on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Ford Field. Minnesota is a 6.5-point favorite in the game. The contest’s point total is set at 54.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, MI
- Stadium: Ford Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Vikings Betting Insights
- Minnesota is just 6-9 against the spread.
- The Vikings are just 0-2 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Most of Minnesota’s games this year — 10 out of 15 — have hit the over (66.7%).
- The Vikings have averaged 5.9 fewer points per game this season (26.2) than the Lions have allowed (32.1).
- In games where Minnesota score at least 26.2 points this season, they are 5-5 overall and 4-6 against the spread.
- Detroit is 5-3 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 32.1 points.
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit has put together a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- 9 Detroit’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (60% of its outings).
- The average points per game output for the Lions this season, 22.8, is 6.5 fewer than the 29.3 the Vikings have given up in each contest.
- Detroit is 5-5 overall and 6-4 against the spread when they score at least 22.8 points this season.
- Minnesota is 6-3 overall and 5-4 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.3 points.
|Lions (+6.5)||Over (54)||Vikings 28 Lions 27|
- In 60% of their opportunities this season (nine of 15 chances), the Vikings and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 54.0 points.
- The Lions have played in 10 games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 66.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 54.0 points.
- These teams average a combined 49 points per game, 5.0 less points than the over/under of 54.0 set for this game.
- The Vikings and the Lions have seen their opponents average a combined 7.4 more points per game than the point total of 54.0 set in this outing.
- The average total the Vikings have had set in games this year is 1.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Lions games this season have averaged an over/under of 54.9 points, 0.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Vikings vs Lions: Last 5 Meetings
Minnesota has an edge against Detroit over the last five matchups between these two squads, collecting a 5-0 record in those games. In those games against the Lions, the Vikings have a 3-0 record against the spread. Minnesota outscored Detroit 147-75 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/8/2020||Vikings||Vikings||-3.00||51.50||-162||+143||487-421 MIN||34-20 MIN|
|12/8/2019||Vikings||Vikings||-12||44||-530||+440||354-231 MIN||20-7 MIN|
|10/20/2019||Vikings||Lions||-2.5||43||-143||+128||503-433 MIN||42-30 MIN|
|12/23/2018||N/A||Lions||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||340-223 MIN||27-9 MIN|
|11/4/2018||N/A||Vikings||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||283-209 MIN||24-9 MIN|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Vikings total over the last three games is 7.7 points more than the 54.0 total given for this matchup.
- Minnesota is just 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- Minnesota has hit the over two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Lions total over the last three games is 6.0 points greater than the 54.0 total listed for this matchup.
- Detroit is just 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- Detroit has gone under the total two times in their last three games.
Vikings: K Dan Bailey: Questionable (Back), TE Kyle Rudolph: Out (Foot), SS George Iloka: Out (Acl), OT Riley Reiff: Out (Illness), OLB Anthony Barr: Out (Pectoral), ILB Eric Kendricks: Questionable (Calf), DE Danielle Hunter: Out (Back), ILB Todd Davis: Questionable (Ribs), FB C.J. Ham: Questionable (Quadriceps), RB Dalvin Cook: Out (Personal), DE Ifeadi Odenigbo: Questionable (Chest), CB Mike Hughes: Out (Neck), DE Jalyn Holmes: Questionable (Groin), CB Chris Jones: Questionable (Groin), RB Alexander Mattison: Questionable (Concussion), ILB Cameron Smith: Out (Heart), CB Kris Boyd: Out (Shoulder), TE Brandon Dillon: Out (Illness), DE Kenny Willekes: Out (Leg), LB Troy Dye: Questionable (Concussion), CB Cameron Dantzler: Questionable (Undisclosed), S Myles Dorn: Out (Undisclosed)
Lions: QB Matthew Stafford: Questionable (Ankle), LB Jamie Collins Sr.: Questionable (Neck), CB Desmond Trufant: Out (Hamstring), DT Danny Shelton: Questionable (Knee), DE Trey Flowers: Out (Wrist), G Joe Dahl: Questionable (Back), CB Tony McRae: Out (Knee), WR Kenny Golladay: Doubtful (Hip), C Frank Ragnow: Questionable (Fractured Throat), DE Da’Shawn Hand: Out (Ankle), OT Tyrell Crosby: Questionable (Ankle), FB Nick Bawden: Out (Torn Acl), OLB Anthony Pittman: Out (Illness), CB Jeff Okudah: Out (Groin), DT Jashon Cornell: Out (Left Achilles)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Rumors & News: Julian Edelman Retires, Aaron Rodgers In the Spotlight Again & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 8th Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Might Become A TV Host
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 1st Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: 49ers Made Deal for a 3rd Pick in the 2021 Draft