Oddsmakers project the Chicago Bears (5-5) to be competitive in their attempt to break their four-game losing streak, as they are just 1.5-point underdogs in a matchup with the Minnesota Vikings (4-6) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at U.S. Bank Stadium. The point total is set at 38.5.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Vikings Betting Insights
- Minnesota has put together a 6-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Vikings are just 2-3 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- Most of Minnesota’s games this year — seven out of 10 — have gone over the point total (70%).
- The Vikings have put an average of 26.4 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 5.5 more than the 20.9 the Bears have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Minnesota is 3-3 and 4-2 against the spread.
- Chicago is 3-2 overall and 2-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 20.9 points.
Bears Betting Insights
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — seven out of 10 — have not gone over the point total (70%).
- Chicago is 5-5 against the spread.
- The Bears are just 0-1 ATS when an underdog by at least 1.5 points.
- The Bears have averaged 8.7 fewer points per game this season (19.1) than the Vikings have allowed (27.8).
- Chicago is 4-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when they score at least 19.1 points this season.
- When Minnesota allows opposing offenses to put 27.8 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
|Bears (+1.5)||Over (38.5)||Vikings 24 Bears 23|
- The Vikings and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under (38.5 points) in 90% of their games this year (nine of 10 opportunities).
- The Bears have played in six games this year (out of 10 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 38.5 points.
- The Vikings and the Bears combine to average 7.0 more points per game than the total of 38.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 48.7 points per game, 10.2 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total for Vikings games this year is 15.7 more points than the over/under of 38.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bears this season is 1.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Vikings vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
Chicago has an edge against Minnesota in the past five matchups between these two squads, putting together a 4-1 record in those games. The Vikings are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Bears. Chicago outscored Minnesota 99-74 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/16/2020||Vikings||Bears||-3.00||44.00||-167||+145||385-149 MIN||19-13 MIN|
|12/29/2019||Bears||Vikings||-4||36||-220||+190||337-300 CHI||21-19 CHI|
|9/29/2019||PUSH||Bears||-0||38.5||-107||+-107||269-222 CHI||16-6 CHI|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Vikings||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||332-164 CHI||24-10 CHI|
|11/18/2018||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||308-268 CHI||25-20 CHI|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Vikings and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.3 points in their last three games, 9.8 more than the 38.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Minnesota is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- The over has been kind to Minnesota. They have gone over the total two times in the last three contests.
- The Bears total over the last three games is 2.2 points greater than the 38.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Chicago has struggled to cover lately, going 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over the last three contests.
- Chicago has gone under the total two times in their last three outcomes.
Vikings: No Injuries Listed
Bears: No Injuries Listed
More Recent NFL News
- NFL 2021 Conference Championship Playoffs Power Rankings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 21st Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks