Oddsmakers expect the Chicago Bears (5-5) to be competitive in their attempt to halt their four-game losing streak, as they are just 1.5-point underdogs in a matchup with the Minnesota Vikings (4-6) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at U.S. Bank Stadium. An over/under of 38.5 is set for the contest.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Vikings Betting Insights
- Minnesota has put together a 6-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Vikings are just 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- Minnesota’s games have hit the over in seven out of 10 opportunities this season (70%).
- The Vikings, on average, score 5.5 more points per game this season (26.4) than the Bears allow (20.9).
- In games where Minnesota score at least 26.4 points this season, they are 3-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 20.9 points or fewer this year, the Bears have put together a 3-2 overall record and a 2-3 record against the spread.
Bears Betting Insights
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — seven out of 10 — have failed to go over the point total (70%).
- Chicago is 5-5 against the spread.
- The Bears have a losing ATS record of 0-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- The average points per game output for the Bears this season, 19.1, is 8.7 fewer than the 27.8 the Vikings have given up in each contest.
- Chicago is 4-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when they score at least 19.1 points this season.
- Minnesota is 4-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.8 points.
|Bears (+1.5)||Over (38.5)||Vikings 24 Bears 23|
- The average point total for Vikings games this season is 15.7 more points than the total of 38.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bears this season is 1.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Vikings and their opponents have scored at least 38.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in nine of 10 games (90%) this year.
- The Bears have played in six games this year (out of 10 total matchups — 60% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 38.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.0 more points per game (45.5) than this game’s total of 38.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 48.7 points per game, 10.2 more than the point total in this game.
Vikings vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
Chicago has an edge against Minnesota over the last five meetings between these two teams, collecting a 4-1 record in those games. The Vikings are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Bears. Chicago outscored Minnesota 99-74 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/16/2020||Vikings||Bears||-3.00||44.00||-167||+145||385-149 MIN||19-13 MIN|
|12/29/2019||Bears||Vikings||-4||36||-220||+190||337-300 CHI||21-19 CHI|
|9/29/2019||PUSH||Bears||-0||38.5||-107||+-107||269-222 CHI||16-6 CHI|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Vikings||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||332-164 CHI||24-10 CHI|
|11/18/2018||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||308-268 CHI||25-20 CHI|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Vikings total over the last three games is 9.8 points more than the 38.5 total given for this matchup.
- Minnesota is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- The over has been friendly to Minnesota. They have gone over the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Bears total over the last three games is 2.2 points greater than the 38.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Chicago is just 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- Chicago has gone under the total two times in their last three games.
Vikings: No Injuries Listed
Bears: No Injuries Listed
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Rumors & News: Julian Edelman Retires, Aaron Rodgers In the Spotlight Again & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 8th Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Might Become A TV Host
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 1st Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: 49ers Made Deal for a 3rd Pick in the 2021 Draft