The New England Patriots (2-5), who have lost four straight games, are 7.5-point favorites against the New York Jets (0-8), losers of eight straight, on Monday, November 9, 2020 at MetLife Stadium. The over/under is set at 42.0 for the game.
- Game Day: Monday, November 9, 2020
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: East Rutherford, NJ
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Patriots Betting Insights
- New England is just 3-4 against the spread.
- The Patriots have an ATS record of 1-0 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- New England’s games have gone under the point total in four out of seven outings this season (57.1%).
- The average points per game output for the Patriots this season, 19.4, is 10.4 fewer than the 29.8 the Jets have given up in each contest.
- In games where New England score at least 19.4 points this season, they are 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 29.8 points or fewer this year, the Jets have put together a 0-3 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
Jets Betting Insights
- Just five of New York’s eight games this year have gone over the point total (37.5% of its outings).
- New York has a losing 1-7 record against the spread.
- The average points per game output for the Jets this season, 11.8, is 12.1 fewer than the 23.9 the Patriots have given up in each contest.
- New York is 0-3 overall and 0-3 against the spread when they score at least 11.8 points this season.
- When New England allows opposing offenses to put 23.9 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
|Patriots (-7.5)||Over (42)||Patriots 26 Jets 17|
- The Patriots and their opponents have scored at least 42.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in three of seven opportunities (42.9%) this season.
- The Jets have played in five games this season (out of eight total matchups — 62.5% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 42.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 10.8 less points per game (31.2) than this matchup’s total of 42.0 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 53.7 points per game, 11.7 more than the point total for this game.
- The average over/under the Patriots have had set in games this year is 1.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Jets games this year is 0.5 fewer points than the point total of 42.0 for this outing.
Patriots vs Jets: Last 5 Meetings
New England holds an edge against New York in the past five matchups between these two teams, collecting a 5-0 record in those games. The Patriots and Jets have an even 1-1 record against the spread in those games. New England outscored New York 154-36 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/21/2019||Patriots||Jets||-9.5||43||-420||+350||323-154 NE||33-0 NE|
|9/22/2019||Patriots||Patriots||-20.5||43||-1667||+1150||381-105 NE||30-14 NE|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Patriots||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||375-239 NE||38-3 NE|
|11/25/2018||N/A||Jets||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||498-338 NE||27-13 NE|
|12/31/2017||N/A||Patriots||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||330-247 NE||26-6 NE|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Patriots have averaged a total of 38 combined points over their last three games, 4.0 less than this game’s total of 42.0.
- New England is just 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- New England has hit under the total two times in their last three games.
- The Jets have averaged a total of 32 combined points over their last three games, 10.0 fewer than this game’s total of 42.0.
- New York is just 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- The under has been familiar to New York. They have failed to reach the total three times in the last three contests.
Patriots: WR Julian Edelman: Out (Knee), CB Stephon Gilmore: Questionable (Knee), DE Lawrence Guy: Questionable (Shoulder), OLB Brandon Copeland: Out (Torn Pectoral), DT Beau Allen: Out (Leg), DT Carl Davis Jr.: Questionable (Concussion), LB Brandon King: Out (Quadriceps), G Jermaine Eluemunor: Out (Ankle), WR Quincy Adeboyejo: Out (Undisclosed), RB Sony Michel: Questionable (Quadriceps), LB Ja’Whaun Bentley: Questionable (Groin), WR N’Keal Harry: Questionable (Concussion), OT Yodny Cajuste: Out (Knee), TE Devin Asiasi: Out (Personal), TE Dalton Keene: Questionable (Knee), S Kyle Dugger: Questionable (Ankle), OL Justin Herron: Out (Ankle), TE Jake Burt: Out (Undisclosed), DL Michael Barnett: Out (Knee)
Jets: WR Chris Hogan: Out (Knee), SS Bradley McDougald: Out (Shoulder), WR Breshad Perriman: Questionable (Concussion), WR Jamison Crowder: Questionable (Groin), OLB Patrick Onwuasor: Questionable (Knee), K Sam Ficken: Questionable (Groin), QB Sam Darnold: Questionable (Shoulder), DE Nathan Shepherd: Questionable (Back), OLB Frankie Luvu: Out (Groin), ILB Blake Cashman: Questionable (Hamstring), DE Kyle Phillips: Out (Ankle), CB Kyron Brown: Out (Quadriceps), OT Cameron Clark: Questionable (Illness), CB Bryce Hall: Out (Undisclosed)