The New England Patriots (6-7) are slight, 2.5-point underdogs in a home AFC East matchup against the Miami Dolphins (8-5) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 Hard Rock Stadium. The point total is set at 41.5 for the game.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Miami Gardens, FL
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Dolphins Betting Insights
- Miami has compiled a 10-3 record against the spread this season.
- The Dolphins have an ATS record of 3-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Miami’s games have gone under the point total in eight out of 13 opportunities this season (61.5%).
- The Dolphins, on average, score 3.9 more points per game this season (25.4) than the Patriots allow (21.5).
- In games where Miami score at least 25.4 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- New England is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.5 points.
Patriots Betting Insights
- Most of New England’s games this year — nine out of 13 — have not gone over the point total (69.2%).
- New England has compiled a losing 6-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have a losing ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Dolphins defense has allowed 18.8 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 21.3 the Patriots have scored.
- New England is 4-1 overall and 3-2 against the spread when they score at least 21.3 points this season.
- Miami is 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 18.8 points.
|Dolphins (-2.5)||Over (41.5)||Dolphins 25 Patriots 18|
- The Dolphins and their opponents have put up at least 41.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 13 games (61.5%) this season.
- The Patriots have played in six games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 46.2% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 41.5 points.
- The Dolphins and the Patriots combine to average 5.2 more points per game than the total of 41.5 set for this matchup.
- The Dolphins and the Patriots have seen their opponents average a combined 1.2 less points per game than the over/under of 41.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total in Dolphins games this year is 2.7 more points than the total of 41.5 in this matchup.
- Patriots games this season have averaged a total of 42.8 points, 1.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Dolphins vs Patriots: Last 5 Meetings
New England has a 3-2 advantage over Miami in the last five matchups between these two squads. The Patriots are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Dolphins. New England has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, recording 159 points while Miami put up 79.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/13/2020||Patriots||Patriots||-7.50||41.50||-345||+295||357-269 NE||21-11 NE|
|12/29/2019||Patriots||Patriots||-17||45||-1250||+900||389-352 MIA||27-24 MIA|
|9/15/2019||Patriots||Dolphins||-18||48.5||-1250||+900||381-184 NE||43-0 NE|
|12/9/2018||N/A||Dolphins||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||421-412 NE||34-33 MIA|
|9/30/2018||N/A||Patriots||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||449-172 NE||38-7 NE|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Miami has gone 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three contests.
- Miami has hit under the total two times in their last three games.
- The Dolphins have averaged a total of 36.3 combined points in their last three games, 5.2 less than this matchup’s total of 41.5.
- New England has been excelling as of late, going 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over their last three contests.
- New England has gone under the total three times in their last three outcomes.
- The Patriots have averaged a total of 36.3 combined points over their last three games, 5.2 fewer than this matchup’s over/under of 41.5.
Dolphins: LB Kyle Van Noy: Questionable (Hip), G Ereck Flowers: Questionable (Ankle), WR DeVante Parker: Questionable (Leg), WR Jakeem Grant Sr.: Questionable (Hamstring), LB Elandon Roberts: Questionable (Chest), LB Vince Biegel: Out (Torn Achilles), NT Davon Godchaux: Out (Biceps), RB Matt Breida: Out (Illness), CB Jamal Perry: Out (Illness), TE Mike Gesicki: Questionable (Shoulder), RB Myles Gaskin: Out (Illness), DE Jonathan Ledbetter: Out (Ankle), WR Preston Williams: Out (Foot), RB Salvon Ahmed: Questionable (Shoulder)
Patriots: WR Julian Edelman: Out (Knee), RB Rex Burkhead: Out (Acl), OLB Brandon Copeland: Out (Torn Pectoral), DT Beau Allen: Out (Leg), DT Carl Davis Jr.: Out (Concussion), LB Brandon King: Out (Quadriceps), LB Shilique Calhoun: Out (Knee), WR Quincy Adeboyejo: Out (Undisclosed), OT Isaiah Wynn: Out (Knee), TE Ryan Izzo: Out (Hamstring/hand/neck), RB Damien Harris: Questionable (Back), OT Yodny Cajuste: Out (Knee), RB J.J. Taylor: Questionable (Quadriceps), TE Jake Burt: Out (Undisclosed), DL Michael Barnett: Out (Knee)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL NFC South Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season
- NFL AFC South Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season
- NFL 2021 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win/Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction
- NFL 2021 Arizona Cardinals Win/Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction
- NFL New England Patriots Defense In-Depth Betting Analysis