New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
New England opened as a +350 favorite to win Super Bowl 53. Their odds drifted all the way up to +650 before the Pats secured a couple of Round 1 Draft Picks. After drafting Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel, the Patriots dropped to around +400. On MyBookie, that’s where their odds remain. New England’s odds in other sportsbooks are as high as +650. Why? There are a few reasons.
Tantalizing. pic.twitter.com/kyX9nmOUeZ— New England Patriots (@Patriots) June 22, 2018
How Much Will Wynn and Michel Help New England?Sony Michel can be an electrifying running back. He was somewhat injury prone while in college at the University of Georgia. Not only that, but he’s most effective getting the edge instead of rushing up the middle. Getting the edge in college is much easier for an RB to do than getting the edge in the NFL. Wynn is a great offensive lineman. He’s a guard, which means his job will be to protect the rush up the middle on Tom Brady. Wynn has had some injury issues as well.
Who Will Protect Brady’s Blind Side?It’s difficult to see Wynn replacing Nate Solder at left tackle. That’s not his position. Solder bolted to the New York Giants. From most NFL fan perspectives, Solder is irreplaceable. If Solder is irreplaceable, that means Tom Brady could be in some trouble. If Tom Brady gets in trouble, the entire New England offense will be in trouble.
New England Has No Real Plan B After Terrific TomLet’s say Solder’s replacement doesn’t do a very good job. The more Brady gets banged up, the more difficult it will be to keep him healthy for the playoffs. New England has no true QB2 that can spell Brady. They traded their future starter, their current QB2 Jimmy Garappolo, to the San Francisco 49’ers last season.
The Defense Might Still Be a Work in ProgressNew England’s defense ranked 5th in points allowed at 18.5 last season. But, New England allowed 251.2 passing yards per game. That ranked 30th last season. The Pats’ D also allowed 114.8 rushing yards last season. That ranked 20th. The defense could be an issue this season. Any weakness on the offense could lead the Patriots to an 11 and 5, or even 10 and 6 season. At 11 and 5, New England will be hard pressed to beat Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, or Houston for the AFC Championship. Why are the New England Patriots cold in Super Bowl Futures? That’s easy to answer. Due to a possible soon to be mediocre offense, and a defense that’s a work in progress, the Patriots’ dynasty might finally be on it’s last legs.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team