The New York Jets (0-13) bring a 13-game losing streak into a matchup against the Los Angeles Rams (9-4) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at SoFi Stadium. Los Angeles is a 17.0-point favorite in the game. The over/under is set at 44.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rams Betting Insights
- Just nine of Los Angeles’ 13 games this year have gone over the point total (30.8% of its opportunities).
- Los Angeles has put together an 8-5 record against the spread this season.
- The average points per game output for the Rams this season, 25, is 5.2 fewer than the 30.2 the Jets have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 4-1 and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 30.2 points or fewer this year, the Jets have put together a 0-6 overall record and a 2-4 record against the spread.
Jets Betting Insights
- Just seven of New York’s 13 games this year have gone over the point total (46.2% of its opportunities).
- New York has put together a losing 4-9 record against the spread this season.
- The Jets have averaged 4.8 fewer points per game this season (14.1) than the Rams have allowed (18.9).
- In games where New York scores at least 14.1 points this season, they are 0-5 overall and 3-2 against the spread.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 18.9 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
|Rams (-17)||Over (44)||Rams 36 Jets 8|
- The Rams and their opponents have scored at least 44.0 points — this matchup’s point total — in five of 13 games (38.5%) this season.
- The Jets and their opponents have added up to score more than 44.0 points in 53.8% of their matchups this season (seven of 13 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 39.1 points per game, 4.9 less points than the over/under of 44.0 set for this matchup.
- The Rams and the Jets have seen their opponents average a combined 5.1 more points per game than the point total of 44.0 set in this outing.
- The Rams’ average point total in matchups this season is 43.9, 0.1 points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Jets this season is 0.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Rams vs Jets: Last 5 Meetings
Los Angeles has an edge against New York in the last five meetings between these two teams, collecting a 3-2 record in those games. New York has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 123 points while Los Angeles notched 91.
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|11/13/2016||Jets||296-280 NYJ||9-6 LAR|
|11/18/2012||Rams||289-281 NYJ||27-13 NYJ|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Los Angeles has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall over their last three games.
- Los Angeles has hit under the total two times in the last three contests.
- The Rams and their opponents have combined to score an average of 45.3 points over their last three games, 1.3 more than the 44.0 over/under in this matchup.
- New York is just 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- New York has gone under the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Jets total over the last three games is 2.3 points fewer than the 44.0 total listed for this matchup.
Rams: OT Andrew Whitworth: Out (Knee), K Kai Forbath: Out (Ankle), ILB Micah Kiser: Out (Leg), ILB Travin Howard: Out (Torn Meniscus), SS Taylor Rapp: Out (Knee), TE Kendall Blanton: Out (Illness), S Terrell Burgess: Out (Ankle), WR J.J. Koski: Out (Illness)
Jets: SS Bradley McDougald: Out (Shoulder), CB Bennett Jackson: Out (Hamstring), OLB Jordan Jenkins: Questionable (Shoulder), G Alex Lewis: Out (Undisclosed), CB Brian Poole: Out (Knee), OLB Patrick Onwuasor: Out (Hamstring), K Sam Ficken: Out (Groin), G Greg Van Roten: Out (Toe), ILB Blake Cashman: Out (Hamstring), DE Kyle Phillips: Out (Ankle), CB Kyron Brown: Out (Quadriceps), RB La’Mical Perine: Out (Ankle), S Ashtyn Davis: Out (Foot)