The San Francisco 49ers have been busy in the offseason and, as usual, the Niners fans are hopeful of a solid 2015 campaign, probably making more positive strides than they did in 2014. But looking at the changes made to the team, the 49ers are far from the team that was among the top Super Bowl contenders last year, currently looking like a pathetic shadow of their once strong self. So, before diving into the NFL betting odds to select the new-look 49ers in your NFL betting picks, ensure that you take your time to read the analysis and pointers given below:
In one of the worst NFL offseason moves this year, the Niners front office surprising failed to iron out their differences with Coach Jim Harbaugh, releasing a statement immediately after San Francisco’s season-ending 20-17 win over the Cards in 2014 to tell the world about the ejection of Harbaugh from his office.
Harbaugh, who is now the head coach of Michigan, was a proven master of the game, boasting of having NFL’s fifth-highest winning percentage of all time (fourth-best if you only consider the modern era). In his four years with Niners, Harbaugh impressively went 44-19-1 during the regular season, and 49-22-1 when you include the postseason games. Even more notably, Jim led the Niners to three conference championship games and an appearance in the Super Bowl, making him one of the most successful coaches in San Francisco’s history.
You would think that after releasing such a coach, the 49ers would at least get a better coach to take his place, if not for the team’s sake, then for the sake of trying to dupe the world that Harbaugh’s exit was necessary. None of that happened, unfortunately.
In Harbaugh’s sharp role, San Francisco got the bluntest of knives in Jim Tomsula, claiming that he’d be able to make a better killing than his predecessor. If you are among those sharing in the front office’s mirage, better start adjusting your mind right to the reality on the ground because Tomsula is not going to be the guy to change the 49ers, at least not in 2015.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Conference Championship Playoffs Power Rankings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 21st Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Championship Round Odds and Computer Picks January 24, 2021
- Possible Super Bowl Matchups After Divisional Round Games
- NFL 2021 Power Rankings After Divisional Round Games
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition