A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
2012 New England Patriots -3The great New England Patriots went off the chalk in 4-of-7 Super Bowls. The Pats lost 2-of-4 straight up. The Giants landed on top of the Patriots 21-17.
2013 San Francisco 49ers -4.5A Super Bowl known mainly for the brother battle between San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh and Baltimore Ravens’ coach John Harbaugh, quarterback Colin Kaepernick wasn’t enough for the straight up victory, much less the cover. Baltimore won 34-31.
2014 Denver Broncos -1.5In his second season as a Denver Bronco, Peyton Manning delivered a Super Bowl berth. Although the Broncos ended up the favorites, the Legion of Boom pummeled Peyton’s new team 43-8
2015 New England Patriots -1The very next season saw New England end up a slight favorite over the Seattle Seahawks, Russell Wilson, and the Legion of Boom. Only an interception at the goal line prevented the Seahawks from winning back-to-back Vince Lombardi Trophies. The Patriots won 28-24.
2016 Carolina Panthers -4.5Peyton Manning and the Broncos were back to take on the Carolina Panthers. So much faith fell onto NFL MVP Cam Newton and the Panthers that at one point they climbed to -6.5. Pro bettors were onto the Broncos, though, so that the line ended up at -4.5 Denver used a fantastic defense to win a hard fought 24-10 game.
2017 New England Patriots -3In the greatest comeback in Super Bowl, and maybe NFL, history, Tom Brady rallied the Patriots down 19 points in the 4th quarter to send the game into overtime where he subsequently scored a TD on the Pats first drive. Patriots 34, Falcons 28.
2018 New England Patriots -4.5Philly started backup quarterback Nick Foles, but New England had no answer on defense. Brady was fantastic, 300 yards passing and 5 TD passes. It wasn’t enough. The highest scoring game in Super Bowl history went to the dogs 41-33 In the 1980’s and even the 1990’s, the Super Bowl was primarily known to produce huge blowouts with favorites taking it easily. Not anymore. Dogs have as big of a shot to win the Super Bowl as any of the favorites. One thing to note about the favorites is how New England has dominated the AFC. Currently, the Patriots offer excellent +550 odds. The Rams, Chiefs, and Saints offer less odds. Sure, the Patriots don’t always win the Super Bowl, but they’re a steady participant, having gone the past couple of seasons and losing to the Denver Broncos in the 2016 AFC Championship. Could this be the year where the Patriots upset a favored NFC participant while offering overlaid odds? We shall see!
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team