A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
🚨 New No. 1 on this week’s NFL power rankings 🚨 pic.twitter.com/9XUoA36wsG— ESPN (@espn) December 4, 2018
2012 New York Giants +3Eli Manning not only plays for the Giants, he’s a giant-killer. In the rematch of the 2008 Super Bowl, where Eli and NYG beat an undefeated Patriots squad, the Giants again bottled up the Patriots’ storied offense. The Giants won 21-17.
2013 Baltimore Ravens +4.5The line opened San Francisco -3. By kick-off, it had climbed a point and a half to SF -4.5. The reason? 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had played like one of the top young quarterbacks in the NFL. Ravens coach John Harbaugh had the antidote to brother Jim’s team, though. Baltimore beat SF 34-31.
2014 Seattle Seahawks +1.5Nobody had this one figured out except for the Seattle Seahawks who rushed to a 22-0 halftime lead and then coasted to a 43-8 win. Seattle was the dog because Peyton Manning played for Denver and the Broncos had beaten the mighty New England Patriots in the AFC Championship.
2015 Seattle Seahawks +1Seattle displayed all the things we come to expect from a Super Bowl winner. The repeat was on until Russell Wilson threw the infamous pick on the goal line. New England beat the Seahawks 28-24.
2016 Denver Broncos +4.5In a sign of how truly great Peyton Manning was, he played within himself from the first quarter, only taking what the Carolina Panthers gave him. Manning’s stat line didn’t impress, 13-of-23 for 141 yards and an interception, and Von Miller won the MVP, but Peyton led the Broncos to a 24-10 win.
2017 Atlanta Falcons +3No excuses for the Falcons in this Super Bowl as they held a 28-9 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. Patriots’ quarterback Tom Brady rallied his team to a tie before leading them to a touchdown in overtime that ended the game 34-28.
2018 Philadelphia Eagles +4.5A +4000 underdog to start the regular season, Philly lost starting quarterback Carson Wentz before the playoffs. Backup Nick Foles tore up the Patriots’ defense in the Super Bowl, though, passing for 373 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Eagles also rushed for 164 yards in a 41-33 Super Bowl win. The dogs have barked in 5 of the past 7 Super Bowls. Not only did the Giants, Ravens, Broncos, and Eagles cover the spread as +3 or higher underdogs, they beat their opponents straight up. The Ravens, Broncos, and Eagles all beat their opponents as +4.5 dogs. This season, the AFC team, whether it’s Kansas City, New England, Pittsburgh or an even bigger underdog like Denver or Baltimore, should offer underdog odds against the spread. The Los Angeles Rams, +320, and the New Orleans Saints, +280, are future book Super Bowl favorites. Right now, the KC Chiefs are +500, the Patriots offer +550 odds, the Pittsburgh Steelers are +1600, Denver’s at +6600, and Baltimore offers +4000. If you’re looking to back the Super Bowl underdog in the futures you must look to back an AFC team.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team