Okay NFL betting faithful, if you’re fired up about the quickly approaching Super Bowl 53 showdown between the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots and you’re looking for insightful information that will help you make the most out of all your Super Bowl 53 wagers, then consider your ticket punched!
Thanks to the Super Bowl 53 preview that you’re about to get, you’re going to be well-armed with the expert information you’ll need in order to maximize all of your Super Bowl 53 wagers. Jared Goff and the Rams are currently two-point underdogs to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots. With Super Bowl 5 going down on Sunday, Feb. 3, at 6:30 PM ET live from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, let’s get started.
Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: CBS
- Radio: New England / Los Angeles
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- Super Bowl LIII Odds: New England -2.5 / Total: 58
Why Bet on the New England Patriots to Win Super Bowl LII?
- (13-5 SU, 11-7 ATS, 7-11 O/U)
Second-seeded New England jumped out to what looked like a fairly comfortable 14-0 halftime over Kansas City in the AFC Championship games this past Sunday as Sony Michel and Phillip Dorsett rushed for and caught a TD pass in the first and second quarters respectively. Leading 17-7 entering the fourth quarter, the Pats got outscored by the Chiefs 24-14 in the final quarter to get the game to overtime. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, Brady and the Pats won the coin toss and marched right down the field for the game-winning touchdown in overtime on Rex Burkhead’s two-yard burst.At the end of the game last weekend, Tom Brady alluded to the fact that the Patriots have been written off for a variety of reasons all year. They have passed every single test along the way and given their past record, they are probably deserving of being the favorite in Super Bowl 53. This is actually a little bit of a bookend on this particular era, as the Rams were the team that the Patriots faced when they won their first championship back in Super Bowl 36.
Now, New England heads into Super Bowl 53 riding a four-game winning streak that includes their blowout win over the Chargers in the divisional round. Tom Brady and company are averaging a healthy 27.2 points per game to rank fourth in scoring while limiting the opposition to a modest 20.3 points per game defensively to rank an impressive seventh in points allowed. New England has gone 4-5 SU and ATS in nine road dates this season.
Super Bowl 53 marks New England’s second straight trip to the Super Bowl and third in the last four seasons. The Pats have reached the Super Bowl in four of the last seven seasons overall. The Patriots have gone 2-2 ATS over their last four Super Bowls while the Over/Under total has gone 3-1.
Overall, the Patriots have gone 11-7 ATS this season, but it is when they are in as a favorite of between 1 and 3 points where they seem to shine, going 6-2 ATS in those outings. Brady and the offense have been on fire over the last 3 games, averaging just shy of 39 PPG, which is just one of the reasons why the point total is so high here.
Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends
- 9-3 ATS in their last 12 playoff games.
- 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
- 20-8 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games on grass.
- 39-17 ATS in their last 56 games overall.
- Average Score For: 28.56
- Total Yards: 406.50
- Pass Yards: 274.94
- Rush Yards: 131.56
- Average Score Against: 21.33
- Total Yards: 354.06
- Pass Yards: 250.50
- Rush Yards: 103.56
Why Bet on the Los Angeles Rams to Win Super Bowl LIII?
- (15-3 SU, 9-8-1 ATS, 9-9 O/U)
The Rams started this season as one of the favorites to win it all, but they now probably feel as though they have something to prove, as a lot of fans don’t believe they deserve to be here after that blown call against the Saints, getting past New Orleans 23-20 in overtime. Given the nature of the finish of that game, it’s easy to forget that the Rams dominated the final 3 quarter, outscoring the Saints 26-10 during that stretch.
But the fact of the matter is that referees missed a critical pass interference call late in regulation that almost assuredly stole what looked like a sure-fire Saints win waiting to happen. Jared Goff passed for 297 yards with one touchdown and one interception and L.A. was lifted to victory on Greg Zuerlein’s 57-yard field goal in OT after the veteran booted a 48-yarder with just 15 seconds remaining in regulation to get the game to overtime.
Let’s also not forget that they had Todd Gurley spending most of the game on the sidelines after putting in arguably the worst performance of his career in LA. It’s tough to imagine he will have back to back stinkers, but even if he does, CJ Anderson has looked great in the running game, too. The Rams are 4-3 ATS in their last 7 games as the underdog, which included the Saints game last weekend.
Los Angeles heads into Super Bowl 53 riding a four-game winning streak that includes their convincing 30-22 win over Dallas in the NFC divisional round. The Rams put up a stellar 32.9 points per game to rank second in scoring while allowing 24.0 points per game defensively. The Rams have gone 7-2 SU and 5-4 ATS in their nine road games this season.
Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends
- 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Average Score For: 32.39
- Total Yards: 420.72
- Pass Yards: 277.33
- Rush Yards: 143.39
- Average Score Against: 23.83
- Total Yards: 351.95
- Pass Yards: 237.78
- Rush Yards: 114.17
Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends
New England has won five straight in this series from 2002 to 2016 after the Rams won the previous four meetings from 1989-2001. The Patriots are 6-3 ATS during the span.
- New England is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Rams
- New England is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Rams
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games when playing LA Rams
- LA is 2-3-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- LA is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Rams’s last 5 games at home
- Underdog is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
Super Bowl LIII Betting Prediction
Could this be the final time that we see Tom Brady, with some believing that he will walk off after securing his 6th ring? Will the young Rams come out and prove that spending all that money in the offseason was justified? This should be a good one, and while the Patriots have the Super Bowl pedigree, they could come up short in Super Bowl 53.
To see the Rams raise another Super Bowl after quite some time, would be a lovely thing to see. But then again, they’re going up against the Patriots, a team that can deliver under pressure, something that Goff and the Rams could stumble upon if that comes around. It won’t be an easy one, but I see New England raising the Lombardi Trophy, making the dynasty even bigger then what it is.
Super Bowl LIII Infographic
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team