The Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1) have an expected difficult fight to stop their five-game losing streak as they are huge 13.0-point underdogs against the Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) on Monday, December 21, 2020 at Paul Brown Stadium. The point total is set at 40.5 for the outing.
- Game Day: Monday, December 21, 2020
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
- Stadium: Paul Brown Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Steelers Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh has put together an 8-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Steelers are just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 13.0 points.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone under the point total in seven out of 13 outings this season (53.8%).
- The Steelers average points scored this season (26.8) and the Bengals points allowed (26) are within 0.8 points of each other.
- In games where Pittsburgh score at least 26.8 points this season, they are 7-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- When the Cincinnati defense allows 26 points or fewer this year, the Bengals have pieced together a 2-4-1 overall record and a 4-3 record against the spread.
Bengals Betting Insights
- Most of Cincinnati’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have failed to go over the point total (53.8%).
- Cincinnati has a 7-6 record against the spread.
- The Steelers defense has allowed 18.2 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 18.8 the Bengals have scored.
- In games where Cincinnati scores at least 18.8 points this season, they are 2-3-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 overall and 4-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 18.2 points.
|Steelers (-13)||Over (40.5)||Steelers 31 Bengals 14|
- The Steelers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total (40.5 points) in 76.9% of their games this season (10 of 13 opportunities).
- The Bengals have played in seven games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 53.8% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 40.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.1 more points per game (45.6) than this matchup’s over/under of 40.5 points.
- The Steelers and the Bengals have seen their opponents average a combined 3.7 more points per game than the over/under of 40.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total in Steelers games this season is 4.6 more points than the over/under of 40.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bengals this season is 4.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Steelers vs Bengals: Last 5 Meetings
In the last five matchups between these two teams, Pittsburgh holds a 5-0 advantage over Cincinnati. The Steelers are 3-0 against the spread in those games against the Bengals. Pittsburgh has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 123 points while Cincinnati notched 57.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/15/2020||Steelers||Steelers||-6.50||45.50||-295||+255||377-324 PIT||36-10 PIT|
|11/24/2019||Steelers||Bengals||-6||37||-250||+215||339-244 PIT||16-10 PIT|
|9/30/2019||Steelers||Steelers||-3.5||45||-182||+160||326-175 PIT||27-3 PIT|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Steelers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||343-196 PIT||16-13 PIT|
|10/14/2018||N/A||Bengals||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||481-275 PIT||28-21 PIT|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Pittsburgh has gone 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall over the last three contests.
- Pittsburgh has hit under the total three times in their last three games.
- The Steelers average total over the last three games is 2.5 points fewer than the 40.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Cincinnati has struggled to cover lately, going 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- The under has been familiar to Cincinnati. They have failed to reach the total three times in their last three outcomes.
- The Bengals total over the last three games is 7.5 points fewer than the 40.5 total listed for this matchup.
Steelers: CB Joe Haden: Questionable (Concussion), ILB Vince Williams: Out (Illness), OT Matt Feiler: Out (Pectoral), OLB Bud Dupree: Out (Knee (acl)), OT Zach Banner: Out (Torn Acl), RB Trey Edmunds: Out (Hamstring), ILB Robert Spillane: Out (Knee), TE Zach Gentry: Out (Knee), ILB Devin Bush: Out (Acl), OL Kevin Dotson: Questionable (Pectoral)
Bengals: SS Shawn Williams: Out (Suspended), TE C.J. Uzomah: Out (Torn Achilles), NT D.J. Reader: Out (Quadricep), QB Brandon Allen: Questionable (Leg), RB Joe Mixon: Out (Foot), WR John Ross III: Out (Foot), FS Brandon Wilson: Questionable (Groin), WR Auden Tate: Out (Shoulder), CB Tony Brown: Out (Hamstring), OT Jonah Williams: Out (Knee), NT Renell Wren: Out (Quadriceps), DE Amani Bledsoe: Out (Illness), QB Joe Burrow: Out (Knee (acl) (mcl)), LB Logan Wilson: Questionable (Foot)
More Recent NFL News
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Championship Round Odds and Computer Picks January 24, 2021
- NFL 2021 Conference Championship Playoffs Power Rankings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 21st Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills