I’m just going to get right to the point for mybookie.ag NFL betting enthusiasts with hectic schedules and little time to actually read. I believe the Philadelphia Eagles and Atlanta Falcons Week 1 Monday Night Football match up is a virtual lock to play over the 53-point Over/Under Total. Now, here’s why.
The Eagles used their up-tempo offense, a weapon that they will surely love to have on their way to Superbowl to score 36 points or more to win their first three preseason contests before scoring ‘just’ 18 points in their meaningless preseason finale. The Falcons topped the 30-point mark just once this preseason but managed to reach the 20-point mark in two of their other games, despite not playing starting quarterback Matt Ryan and supremely gifted wide receiver Julio Jones very much at all.
The Eagles have a whole new look heading into 2015 after head coach Chip Kelly jettisoned former star players like running back LeSean McCoy and quarterback Nick Foles in favor of DeMarco Murray and Sam Bradford.
Still, scoring points in Kelly’s up-tempo offense hasn’t been a problem during his tenure, which is why I suspect that 62.3 percent of the betting public likes Philly even though 52 percent of simulations show Atlanta holding it down in the Dirty South.
I like the addition of new Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and I believe he’s going to shore up that side of the ball for Atlanta at some point in the very near future, but that future won’t start in this contest against the explosive Iggles.
wThe Over is 6-3 in Philadelphia’s last nine games, a perfect 4-0 in their last four Monday night games and a near-perfect 4-1 in their last five road games. The Over is also 6-1 in Atlanta’s last seven games in the month of September and 4-1 in their last five Monday night games.
I expect the bright lights and Monday Night Football audience to bring out the high-scoring best in both of these teams.The Pick: Over 53 Total Points
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction