I’m just going to get right to the point for mybookie.ag NFL betting enthusiasts with hectic schedules and little time to actually read. I believe the Philadelphia Eagles and Atlanta Falcons Week 1 Monday Night Football match up is a virtual lock to play over the 53-point Over/Under Total. Now, here’s why.
The Eagles used their up-tempo offense, a weapon that they will surely love to have on their way to Superbowl to score 36 points or more to win their first three preseason contests before scoring ‘just’ 18 points in their meaningless preseason finale. The Falcons topped the 30-point mark just once this preseason but managed to reach the 20-point mark in two of their other games, despite not playing starting quarterback Matt Ryan and supremely gifted wide receiver Julio Jones very much at all.
The Eagles have a whole new look heading into 2015 after head coach Chip Kelly jettisoned former star players like running back LeSean McCoy and quarterback Nick Foles in favor of DeMarco Murray and Sam Bradford.
Still, scoring points in Kelly’s up-tempo offense hasn’t been a problem during his tenure, which is why I suspect that 62.3 percent of the betting public likes Philly even though 52 percent of simulations show Atlanta holding it down in the Dirty South.
I like the addition of new Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and I believe he’s going to shore up that side of the ball for Atlanta at some point in the very near future, but that future won’t start in this contest against the explosive Iggles.
wThe Over is 6-3 in Philadelphia’s last nine games, a perfect 4-0 in their last four Monday night games and a near-perfect 4-1 in their last five road games. The Over is also 6-1 in Atlanta’s last seven games in the month of September and 4-1 in their last five Monday night games.
I expect the bright lights and Monday Night Football audience to bring out the high-scoring best in both of these teams.The Pick: Over 53 Total Points
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Conference Championship Playoffs Power Rankings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 21st Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Championship Round Odds and Computer Picks January 24, 2021
- Possible Super Bowl Matchups After Divisional Round Games
- NFL 2021 Power Rankings After Divisional Round Games
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition