As the preseason continues to approach us, every team in the NFL is busy recruiting, trying to seal the loopholes from last season and prepare for the new season. Though the looming season is obviously good news for NFL betting aficionados, it is bad news for certain players, especially those who under performed last season due to age, injuries or out-of-sorts form. So whereas most people are busy celebrating the dawning season, such players are worried knowing that they only have until the preseason to battle for their positions. The precedence of cutting down players—high profile or not—is already existent. For example, the Redskins reduce their squad by releasing FB Stephen Campbell, WR Cody Hoffman and LB Jeremy Kimbrough, while the Bengals released CB R.J. Stanford, DT Larry Black and S Isaiah Lewis in 2014, so this year should be no different. Every team is allowed up to 90 players, but must cut this number to 75, two days before their last preseason game. By the end of August each team must make the hard decision of cutting down the roster further to 53 players. Ahead of the new season, here are some of the big-name players we believe will get the cut by their teams by the end of August.
Even the best teams must trim down their squads and the champions are no exception. They will be looking to defend their Super Bowl title and they can only do that if they have the right people on board.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 12th Edition
- NFL NFC Divisional Round Predictions, Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers Odds, Betting Trends
- NFL AFC Divisional Round Predictions, Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills Odds, Betting Trends
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks