The St. Louis Rams and their powerful defensive front line will look to man-handle Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins when the two NFC rivals square off in a Week 2 pairing that suddenly looks like a big mismatch. If you’re ready to bet on NFL football action in Week 2 NFL betting fans, then let’s rock and roll.
The St. Louis Rams picked up an exciting 34-31 overtime win over defending NFC champion Seattle in its Week 1 opener as Nick Foles led the way by completing 18 of 27 pass attempts for 297 yards with one touchdown. Foles completed a whopping seven passes of 20 yards or more and led the Rams on three scoring drives of at least 80 yards.
The Rams, in spite of losing the turnover battle, covered the spread as 3.5-point home underdogs thanks to a voracious defense that limited Seattle to 1-for-4 success in the red zone and sacked Russell Wilson six times and intercepted the Seahawks star once.
The Washington Redskins fought their dysfunctional hearts out in their regular season opener, but fell to the Miami Dolphins 17-10 while failing to cover the spread as 4-point home underdogs. The Skins saw newly-named starter Kirk Cousins complete 21 of 31 passes for 196 yards with one touchdown, but the former backup to RG3 also tossed two costly interceptions in the loss.
Washington led 10-7 at the half but committed a whopping 11 penalties and had one missed field goal in the loss while Cousins was sacked once. The only bright spot for Washington was running back Alfred Morris going for 121 yards on 25 carries. “A lot of self-inflicted wounds,” said Washington head coach Jay Gruden, whose career record fell to 4-13.
75 percent of the betting public likes St. Louis to not only beat Washington in this Week 2 matchup, but to cover the spread as road favorites in the process. Public bettors are split on the Over/Under at a dead even 50-50.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that the St. Louis Rams are now clearly heading in the right direction after years of being stuck in neutral with Sam Bradford. St. Louis has arguably the game’s best defensive line and I fully expect them to force Kirk Cousins into at least two costly turnovers, of not three.
The Rams are 6-1 ATS in their last seven road games against a team with a losing home record and 4-1 ATS in their last five games against a team with a losing record. The Redskins are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games against their NFC rivals and 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games following an SU loss.
As far as my Over/Under pick is concerned, I’m going to wager this game goes slightly Over the modest 42-point O/U Total. The Over is 8-3 in the Rams’ last 11 games against a team with a losing record. The Over is 9-4 in Washington’s last 13 games in the month of September.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction