— Mike & Mike (@MikeAndMike) September 17, 2015
Now that NFL betting fans are working our way through Week 2 of the NFL regular season, there are some rumors circulating the league. Let’s take a look at some of the loudest ones.
There is excitement all over Tennessee about the play of Marcus Mariota, who picked apart the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ defense in the Titans’ Week 1 rout. Jenny Vrentas of theMMQB.com reports that quarterbacks John McNulty said, “It’s just uncanny. The guy is…I don’t know. We’re not going to go 19-0. He’s not going to complete every pass. I get the whole thing. But he is…as smart a football player as I’ve been around.” That is major praise for a rookie signal-caller, particularly one who was not viewed as an obvious #1 overall pick like Andrew Luck was in 2012.
However, he definitely outperformed the quarterback who was drafted at #1 ahead of him, Jameis Winston. Certainly, growing pains are to come for Mariota as a rookie in the league, where most defenses are more intricate than the simple Cover 2 that the Buccaneers run. However, the major optimism within the team is a great sign. One contract would be Robert Griffin III, whose outstanding rookie season never inspired the same sort of excitement in Washington.
It hasn’t taken long for Kam Chancellor to set some debate going as to whether the Seattle Seahawks should give their strong safety what he wants. With Chancellor holding out during their Week 1 loss to the St. Louis Rams, the secondary gave up some huge plays, and it’s obvious that Seattle misses him. Seattle has to make some fairly major changes to their scheme without Chancellor, and the results could make this a long season for Seahawk fans.
According to NFL media’s Ian Rapoport, the two sides are under $1 million apart as they move toward a restructured deal. If the Seahawks give in, they could be creating a bad incentive as far as other players’ signings go. Pete Carroll has suggested that the team will remain firm. However, if similar problems happen this week when Seattle heads to Green Bay, it makes sense that the team will find ways to solve the problem.
The Detroit Lions may have found a solid running back solution in Ameer Abdullah. The rookie had a terrific preseason and followed it up with a 94-yard performance in Week 1 against San Diego, scoring a touchdown. According to the Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett, head coach Jim Caldwell anticipates more of the same in Week 2. If you own Abdullah in your fantasy league, that is terrific news, particularly if you are in a PPR league.
However, he only touched the ball 11 times in that game, and it’s unlikely that he will keep averaging over eight yard per touch. Hopefully he will keep earning more and more reps that Joique Bell, who lacks the speed of Abdullah, but it looks like Caldwell wants to keep a platoon going at least for the time being.
Join for Free
Sport Leagues Covered
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- 2018 NFL Preseason Week 3 Sure Losers
- 2018 NFL Preseason Week 3 Sure Winners
- Seahawks vs Chargers 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Spread & Pick
- 49ers vs Texans 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Bears at Broncos 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Lines
- Buccaneers vs Titans 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Odds & Pick
- Bengals at Cowboys 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Betting Preview
- 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Sure Losers
- 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Sure Winners
- Cardinals at Saints 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Spread & Pick
- Bills vs Browns Game Info & 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Odds
- How to Bet Dolphins at Panthers 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Lines
- Giants vs Lions 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Odds & Pick
- 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Betting Preview
- Eagles vs Patriots 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Betting Preview
- How to Bet Chiefs at Falcons 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Odds
- Jets vs Redskins 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Lines & Prediction
- Steelers at Packers 2018 NFL Preseason Week 2 Odds & Pick
- 2018 NFL Week 14 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- 2018 NFL Week 13 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- 2018 NFL Week 11 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- 2018 NFL Week 17 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- 2018 NFL Week 16 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- 2018 NFL Preseason Predictions for Every Team
- Best Ways to Safely Handicap the 2018 NFL Preseason
- 2018 NFL Week 8 Early Betting Picks for Every Game