The New Orleans Saints (11-4) are 6.5-point favorites when they visit the Carolina Panthers (5-10) in an NFC South matchup on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Bank of America Stadium. An over/under of 48.0 is set for the game.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans is 8-7 against the spread.
- The Saints have an even ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in 10 out of 15 outings this season (66.7%).
- The Saints, on average, score 5.3 more points per game this season (29.9) than the Panthers allow (24.6).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 6-1 and 5-2 against the spread.
- Carolina is 5-2 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 24.6 points.
Panthers Betting Insights
- Half of Carolina’s games this year — seven out of 15 — have gone over the point total.
- Carolina has a 9-6 record against the spread.
- The Saints defense has allowed 22 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 22.9 the Panthers have scored.
- In games where Carolina scores at least 22.9 points this season, they are 2-6 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22 points.
|Saints (-6.5)||Over (48)||Saints 29 Panthers 21|
- The Saints and their opponents have scored at least 48.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 15 opportunities (60%) this year.
- The Panthers have played in eight games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 53.3% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 48.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.8 more points per game (52.8) than this matchup’s total of 48.0 points.
- The Saints and the Panthers have seen their opponents average a combined 1.4 fewer points per game than the point total of 48.0 set for this outing.
- The average point total in Saints games this season is 3.9 more points than the over/under of 48.0 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Panthers this season is 0.5 points less than this game’s over/under.
Saints vs Panthers: Last 5 Meetings
New Orleans has an edge against Carolina over the past five meetings between these two teams, recording a 4-1 record in those games. The Panthers have a 2-1 record against the spread in those games against the Saints. New Orleans has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 129 points while Carolina notched 107.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/25/2020||Saints||Saints||-7.00||50.00||-315||+270||415-283 NO||27-24 NO|
|12/29/2019||Saints||Panthers||-13.5||45||-770||+575||379-329 NO||42-10 NO|
|11/24/2019||Saints||Saints||-9.5||46.5||-420||+350||418-351 NO||34-31 NO|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Saints||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||374-294 CAR||33-14 CAR|
|12/17/2018||N/A||Panthers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||346-247 NO||12-9 NO|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- New Orleans is just 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three contests.
- The over has been friendly to New Orleans. They have gone over the total three times in their last three games.
- The Saints and their opponents have combined to score an average of 63.7 points over their last three games, 15.7 more than the 48.0 over/under in this matchup.
- Carolina has been playing up to expectations, going 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three contests.
- Carolina has gone under the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Panthers have averaged a total of 44 combined points over their last three games, 4.0 fewer than this game’s over/under of 48.0.
Saints: CB Patrick Robinson: Out (Hamstring), DB Johnson Bademosi: Out (Undisclosed), TE Josh Hill: Questionable (Hand), WR Bennie Fowler: Out (Shoulder), OL Andrus Peat: Questionable (Ankle), DT Malcom Brown: Questionable (Calf), OLB Kwon Alexander: Out (Achillies), OL Nick Easton: Questionable (Concussion), DE Noah Spence: Out (Knee), WR Michael Thomas: Out (Ankle), SS Marcus Williams: Questionable (Ankle), DE Trey Hendrickson: Questionable (Shoulder), WR Tre’Quan Smith: Out (Ankle), WR Deonte Harris: Out (Neck), DT Jalen Dalton: Out (Tricep), CB Keith Washington Jr.: Out (Illness), P Blake Gillikin: Out (Back)
Panthers: OT Russell Okung: Questionable (Calf), DT Kawann Short: Out (Shoulder), K Michael Palardy: Out (Torn Acl), DE Stephen Weatherly: Out (Finger), RB Christian McCaffrey: Questionable (Thigh), OT Trent Scott: Out (Shoulder), WR Keith Kirkwood: Out (Clavicle), RB Reggie Bonnafon: Out (Ankle), DE Austin Larkin: Questionable (Shoulder), OT Greg Little: Out (Ankle), OLB Brian Burns: Questionable (Shoulder), G Dennis Daley: Out (Concussion), WR Omar Bayless: Out (Knee), CB Troy Pride Jr.: Questionable (Hip)
More Recent NFL News
- Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds & Early Predictions After Calendar Release
- 2021 NFL Under Win Total Odds – Top 5 Betting Picks
- Top 5 Betting Picks to Cover their 2021 NFL Win Total Odds
- Early NFL 2021 Season Betting Predictions: Which Awful Teams Could Actually Be Good This New Season
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Wants to Leave the Packers