After dropping their respective regular season openers, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints and their NFL betting fans will both look to avoid the dreaded 0-2 start when they meet at Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Sunday. Now, let’s find out which team is going to win and cash in.
Tampa Bay (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS), got overpowered in its 42-14 Week 1 loss to Tennessee while never coming close to covering the NFL betting line as a 3-point favorite. Rookie quarterback Jameis Winston had a rough outing in his first NFL start while being limited to 16-for-33 passing for 210 yards with two touchdowns and two costly interceptions. Defensively, the Buccaneers allowed Titans rookie signal-caller Marcus Mariota to complete 13 of 16 pass attempts while tossing a whopping four touchdown passes and no picks.
New Orleans (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS) got humbled in its 31-19 loss to Arizona in Week 1 and never came close to covering the spread as a 2-point road dog. Drew Brees completed 30 of 48 pass attempts for 355 yards with one touchdown and one interception, but the Saints had their rushing attack shut down with starter Mark Ingram leading the team with a modest 24 rushing yards on nine carries. Defensively, New Orleans allowed Arizona quarterback Carson Palmer to complete 19 of 32 pass attempts for three touchdowns and no interceptions.
68 percent of the betting public likes the Saints to cover the spread while 67 percent of public bettors like the Over. I’m going to say that the public’s majority opinion on this contest is spot on as I expect New Orleans to win this contest and narrowly cover the spread in a relatively high-scoring affair.
The Buccaneers are 4-12 ATS in their last 16 games against their NFC conference rivals and just 1-6 ATS in their last seven games in the month of September. The fact that the home team in this NFC South divisional rivalry is 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings backs up my selection for New Orleans,
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Colts at Jets NFL Week 6 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Falcons NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Eagles at Giants NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Redskins at Saints NFL Week 5 Lines & Expert Pick