A rivalry forged in the fires of the ugly periods of crazy refereeing, fierce conference enmity, and passionate fanaticism among supporters, meeting between the Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers never disappointment. The two teams boast of what could arguably be the strongest rosters in the NFC, if not the NFL, a key reason the recent the clashes between them often deliver top-notch football. What makes the duel even more epic is that the two teams have recently adopted different styles of playing, with the Packers having a pass-happy offensive-oriented approach, while the Seahawks being more of a ground-and-pound team with great defensive discipline. Ahead of the 2015 NFL betting season, both teams are still looking to be the current cream of competition in the NFC, meaning their rivalry is bound to even get fiercer in the new season and probably in a good number of years to come.
In their last ten encounters, The Packers have generally dominated their rivals with six wins. However, the Seahawks have won the last three meetings in a row, giving their fans the current bragging rights.
Fueling the buildup to their meeting this season is the sweat-sour ending of their last meeting in the 2014-2015 NFC Championship Game. After leading most of that game and coming to within four minutes of winning the NFC Conference Championship with a 19-7 lead, the Seahawks staged a memorable comeback, taking the clash to overtime, where Russell Wilson unpacked the packers in a rare fashion, winning the match on a 35-yard touchdown pass to Jermaine Kearse in overtime. So whereas Seattle eventually emerged as happy victors, they did so at the expense of the heartbroken Packers.Granted, a meeting between the two teams this season should be a great rivalry match with a lot of stakes in the NFL odds, as the Packers seek revenge and the Seahawks look to extend their recent dominance.
Having staged the 16-point comeback after halftime, the Seahawks now hold the record for the largest ever halftime comeback in a conference championship game, and the second largest in a championship, only bettered by the Colts’ comeback from a 21-3 deficit against the Patriots in 2006 AFC Championship.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Jaguars vs Bills NFL Week 12 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Browns vs Bengals NFL Week 12 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Bears vs Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Odds
- Falcons vs Saints NFL Week 12 Thanksgiving Odds & Preview
- Redskins vs Cowboys NFL Week 12 Thanksgiving Lines
- How to Bet Bears vs Lions NFL Week 12 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 12 Parlay Picks
- 2018 NFL Week 12 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL Week 12 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 12 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 12 SU Betting Picks
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 11 Parlay Picks
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
- Buccaneers vs Giants NFL Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Packers vs Seahawks NFL Week 11 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night