Proposition bets (also known as Prop Bets) happen when a bookmaker sets up odds for a potential situation and creates opportunities to wager on that hypothetical. These bets fit into the larger family of exotics, which refers to any bet that isn’t really concerned with one game’s outcome. Futures, props and parlays are all examples, but this article covers the proposition (or prop) bets. Typical proposition bets include betting on which team wins the opening coin toss, which team scores a touchdown first, how many yards a running back will (or won’t) rush for in the game, or the quarterback’s final rating at the end of the tilt. You’ll find that, especially with the Super Bowl, there are many people who are just looking for something to bet on. Take a look below at some of the typical proposition bets.
For the 2010-2011 season, the NFL proposition bets included a series of items about Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, two of the league’s most polarizing players. And so such prop bets as the number of yards and touchdowns that Owen would catch in a year are just a part of remaining active in the community. There was even a bet about the dollar value of the fines that Chad Ochocinco would have to pay.
Bettors are often fond of props, which are 50-50 shots, because they are interesting. Finally bettors get an angle on the game different from what they are used to. However, the best answer when wondering whether you should take one of these props is “No.” Many experts view these as bets for suckers, for multiple reasons. Even so, many bettors like 50-50 decisions because they manage to hold more interest than easier decisions.
If you’re going to start using prop bets, make them a tiny part of all the betting you do. Keep that part of your gambling portfolio at 5 percent, and don’t play them until your roll has grown by 20 percent on that given day. This gives you some bonus cash on hand, and losing still means a minimal risk.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 11 Parlay Picks
- Bears vs Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Odds
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
- Buccaneers vs Giants NFL Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Packers vs Seahawks NFL Week 11 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 11 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL Week 11 Over/Under Picks
- NFL Week 11 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 11 SU Betting Picks
- Seahawks vs Rams NFL Week 10 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Giants vs 49ers NFL Week 10 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Dolphins at Packers NFL Week 10 Lines & Expert Pick
- Cowboys vs Eagles NFL Week 10 Odds & Prediction
- Redskins vs Buccaneers NFL Week 10 Lines & Pick
- Patriots vs Titans NFL Week 10 Odds & Expert Prediction