Okay NFL betting faithful, with the Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs set to square off in Super Bowl LIII in just under two weeks, you’re probably in the process of gathering as much Super Bowl betting information as possible. If that’s the case and you’re in need of some expert betting assistance that will help you maximize your chances of cashing in on Super Bowl 53, then you’ve definitely come to the right place.
Thanks to the eye-opening Super Bowl LII betting trends and stats that you’re about to get, you’re going to be well-armed with insightful Super Bowl information. Now, let’s get started.
Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Game Info
- When: Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: CBS
- Radio: New England / Los Angeles
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- Super Bowl LIII Odds: New England -2 / Total: 58
Straight-Up, Now Tell Me!
In the 52 Super Bowls to date, the NFC owns a 27-25 SU edge over the AFC. The Pittsburgh Steelers have the most Super Bowl wins at six, while the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers all have five. The last 10 Super Bowls have been split evenly between the two conferences at 5-5 SU. Favorites have gone 35-17 straight up, but underdogs have won five of the last seven Super Bowls outright.
If you didn’t know before…now you do. When betting on the Super Bowl, you should know that the point-spread rarely comes into play with the Super Bowl, meaning you just have to pick the winner of the game. There have only been six Super Bowls where the favorite won the game straight up but failed to cover the chalk (2009, 2005, 2004, 1996, 1989 and 1976).
Favorites have gone 28-20-2 against the spread in the Super Bowl. Not only have five of the last seven Super Bowl underdogs managed to cover the chalk, but they’ve all managed to do so by winning outright against their favored opponents. Just one of the last 10 Super Bowls has had a point spread higher than five points. The Super Bowl 49 matchup between New England and Seattle is the only Super Bowl that had a line as a pick ’em.
Over/Under Total Trends
The O/U Total has gone 27-24 in 51 Super Bowls excluding the inaugural Super Bowl I event back in 1967. The Over is 5-1 in the last six Super Bowls
The biggest upset came in Super Bowl III (1969) when the New York Jets beat the Baltimore Colts 16-7 as 18-point underdogs. However, in recent years, Philly upset New England a year ago as a 4-point underdog while Denver took out Carolina as a 5-point underdog in Super Bowl 50. Seattle upset Denver 48-3 as a 2.5-point underdog in Super Bowl 48 while Baltimore and the New York Giants recorded upset wins over the Niners and Patriots in each of the previous two Super Bowls.
Here is a Look at the last 10 Super Bowl results.
Super Bowl (1967-2017)
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team