Hitting prop wagers, even Super Bowl prop wagers, is one of the most difficult thing for players to do. It’s almost impossible in a lot of ways, which is why it’s important to understand prop betting.
Below, you can get an idea of the differences between actual football defenses and defensive prop wagers. Understanding the difference will lead to more successful Super Bowl LIII defense prop odds.
Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
How do NFL defenses work?
Sounds silly, right? Everybody knows how NFL defenses work. The try to stop NFL offenses from moving the football to their goal line. Sounds simple enough. Almost too simple.
Stop the rush, get pressure, and force the quarterback into bad throws. In other words, NFL defenses main goal is to stop offenses from scoring, yes, but it’s also to push offenses into playing a type of style that benefits the defense.
How do defensive coordinators accomplish this? They set up defensive plays that allow for overall success by pushing offenses into calling plays that move in specific directions.
The Rams are a great example of doing this. Los Angeles uses Aaron Donald to push plays to either inside of Donald or towards Michael Brockers. Donald had 40 solo tackles. 20 of those solo tackles were quarterback sacks. That’s how good Aaron Donald is.
Ndamukong Suh plays NT. He helps push plays towards Brockers and Donald. The Rams will switch things up to counter what offenses do, but more often than not, they push plays to either side of Donald depending on the overall strategy.
What does this mean when it comes to Super Bowl defensive prop wagers?
Study defensive strategy, then make Super Bowl defensive prop wagers
The key to making successful NFL prop wagers is to understand what each team’s trying to accomplish on defense. Let’s take the Rams again.
MyBookie offers this defensive prop on Corey Littleton, the Rams’ inside linebacker:
Littleton had 90 solo tackles during the regular season. He had 11 tackles against New Orleans in the NFC Championship. He only had 5 tackles versus the Dallas Cowboys in the Divisional Playoffs.
How will the Rams play New England’s offense? Will they push plays towrads Littleton for 11 tackles like he had against the Saints? Or, will they keep him at home and play a defensive strategy like what they installed versus the Cowboys?
The answer’s obvious, right? The Patriots run their wide receivers across the middle just like the Saints do. Heck, the two teams are almost mirror images of each other on offense. So, Littleton’s likely to be the second man in the box against Julian Edelman the way he was versus Michael Thomas.
Littleton getting over 8 tackles looks like a great prop wager because the Rams won’t blitz Littleton that much, he’ll be in on rushing plays, and he should be the second man in the box to disrupt Julian Edelman.
Now, think of how we came to that conclusion and use the process on every Super Bowl LIII defensive prop wager you’re considering making.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team