If you love wagering on football, then the Super Bowl is the game to get in on, simply because of all the amazing prop bets that are available for the big game. Rather than just being able to bet on the winner, the spread, and the point total, you can get in on wagers like the length of the national anthem, the coin toss, and a host of other fun bets that make the game that much more entertaining.
One of the more popular wagers in any Super Bowl is the MVP and given that it is generally always an offensive player that wins it, your chances of cashing a winning ticket are quite good. Only a couple of players from these two teams appears in the top 5 in postseason tackles, sacks, and INT’s this year, so let’s stick with the offense as our likely candidates.
Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
“Now we have a chance to be world champions and have to prepare our best and get ready to go out there.” – @JaredGoff16Read 📰 » https://t.co/uaDjtqDuz8 pic.twitter.com/UTYDLjwezF — Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) 25 de enero de 2019
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds: -110
Brady won the first of his 5 Super Bowl rings against the Rams, so how fitting would it be to get #6, and potentially his last, against the same team? Brady is leading the postseason stats with 691 passing yards from his two games this season, and he looked absolutely clinical in the 4th quarter and OT versus the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game. Brady has made a habit of delivering big plays in the biggest games, so don’t be surprised to see him further his GOAT status with an MVP Award next Sunday.
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds: +200
Goff has not put up the numbers that Brady has this postseason, mostly because the Rams are a team that is a little more apt to run the football than the Patriots. The Rams have a balanced attack through the air and on the ground, and if they can get the running game going early in the Super Bowl, that may have an effect on the ability of Goff to land the MVP. If, on the other hand, the Rams get behind to the Patriots, the ball may end up in the QB’s hand more often than not. Of the two QB’s, I think Brady is the most likely winner.
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds: +1000
Gurley saw his stock drop a lot after sitting on the sidelines for the majority of the NFC Championship Game last weekend. Many believed it was knee issues that kept him there, but it was revealed that it was a lack of efficiency that saw him ride the pine, especially with CJ Anderson coming in and putting up big numbers.
That unexpected rest may actually help Gurley, who has been battling a niggling injury for most of the season. This is a dual-threat player who might well be able to take advantage of the Patriots poor red zone defense. Gurley is my pick for MVP.
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds: +1400
The lead running backs on both teams are Georgia Bulldogs graduates but don’t expect to see any love between these two on the field next Sunday. Sony Michel looks as though he is going to have a stellar career in the NFL, as he actually got better as the season progressed, to the point where he is leading the way in total rushing yards in the postseason with 242. He has the ability to find holes and break off huge chunks of yardage, so he can accumulate yards quickly.
If you are looking for a real longshot on the board, I would consider putting a few bucks on Rob Gronkowski, who is currently on there at +5000. The big man was great last weekend against the Chiefs, and since this might be his final ever NFL game, he might just go off.
Last 10 Super Bowl MVP’s
- LII: Nick Foles (QB/Philadelphia Eagles)
- LI: Tom Brady (QB/New England Patriots)
- 50: Von Miller (LB/Denver Broncos)
- XLIX: Tom Brady (QB/New England Patriots)
- XLVIII: Malcolm Smith (LB/Seattle Seahawks)
- XLVII: Joe Flaco (QB/Baltimore Ravens)
- XLVI: Eli Manning (QB/New York Giants)
- XLV: Aaron Rodgers (QB/Green Bay Packers)
- XLIV: Drew Brees (QB/New Orleans Saints)
- XLIII: Santonio Holmes (WR/Pittsburgh Steelers)
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team