The first of the bets that I am going to take a look at is the OVER/UNDER, which opened at 48 points for the Super Bowl. This is a bit of a tricky one, as you have an offense in the Patriots that scored 468 points in the regular season (29.3 PPG) before following that up with another 80 points in their two postseason games. The total for the regular season has to take the final two games into account, where the Pats had essentially clinched everything. If you take those two games out of the mix, you end up with a team scoring 31.5 PPG. On the flipside you have a Seattle Seahawks defense that is without a doubt the best in the business. They gave up an average of less than 16 PPG during the regular season, with the numbers on the closing few weeks bordering on ridiculously good. As far as offense goes, this is not a team that is going to beat you through the air, as they rely on the feet of Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch to beat you. This is not what you would call a balanced offense, as they went 27th overall in passing and 1st in rushing during the season. The Patriots were top 10 in rush defense, so this is going to be an interesting match-up.
One of the great things about the NFL championship for those of us who like to wager is that there are literally hundreds of different Super Bowl odds available. This is a game where the bookies go a little crazy, with all kinds of prop bets added other than the standard betting lines. You can literally bet on anything from the coin toss to who will score first, but I am somewhat old school when it comes to the big game. I like to bet straight up, against the spread, and the point total, and that’s it. I’m not suggesting you guys do the same, but those are the bets I am going to focus on over the next day or two.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2020 NFL Power Rankings Expert Analysis After Week 11
- Steelers vs. Ravens Line and Betting Trends November 29, 2020
- 2021 NFL Draft Order Early Expert Analysis
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears Odds and Computer Picks for Week 15
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Monday Night Football Line and Betting Trends for Week 15
- Rams vs. Seahawks Odds and Computer Picks for Week 16
- NFL 2020 Week 12 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 12 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Conference Odds Expert Analysis Update Nov. 25 Edition
- NFL 2020 Week 12 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Top 10 Defensive Players Expert Analysis Nov. 25th
- Updated NFC Playoff Picture: Bucs In Trouble?
- Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Line and Betting Trends November 29, 2020
- Texans at Lions Odds 2020 Thanksgiving Computer Picks
- NFL 2020 Week 12 SU Picks Expert Analysis