The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-5) visit the Atlanta Falcons (4-9) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 in matchup between NFC South rivals at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta is a 5.5-point underdog. The over/under is set at 50.5 for the contest.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay has put together a 7-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are 4-2 ATS when favored by at least 5.5 points.
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in seven out of 13 outings this season (53.8%).
- The Buccaneers, on average, score 3.7 more points per game this season (28.5) than the Falcons allow (24.8).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Tampa Bay is 5-0 and 4-1 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 3-5 overall and 3-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 24.8 points.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Atlanta has put together a losing 5-8 record against the spread this season.
- Just eight of Atlanta’s 13 games this year have gone over the point total (38.5% of its outings).
- The Falcons average points scored this season (25.2) and the Buccaneers points allowed (22.6) are within 2.6 points of each other.
- In games where Atlanta scores at least 25.2 points this season, they are 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.6 points.
|Buccaneers (-5.5)||Over (50.5)||Buccaneers 28 Falcons 22|
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under (50.5 points) in 46.2% of their outings this year (six of 13 opportunities).
- The Falcons have played in five games this season (out of 13 total matchups — 38.5% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 50.5 points.
- The Buccaneers and the Falcons combine to average 3.2 more points per game than the over/under of 50.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 less points per game (47.4) than this game’s total of 50.5 points.
- The average over/under the Buccaneers have had set in matchups this year is 0.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Falcons games this season is 0.5 fewer points than the point total of 50.5 in this outing.
Buccaneers vs Falcons: Last 5 Meetings
Atlanta holds an edge against Tampa Bay over the past five meetings between these two squads, putting together a 4-1 record in those games. The Buccaneers and Falcons have an even 1-1 record against the spread in those games. Atlanta outscored Tampa Bay 142-139 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/29/2019||Buccaneers||Buccaneers||-1||48||-110||+-104||373-329 ATL||28-22 ATL|
|11/24/2019||Falcons||Falcons||-3.5||51.5||-180||+155||446-337 TB||35-22 TB|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Buccaneers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||489-433 ATL||34-32 ATL|
|10/14/2018||N/A||Falcons||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||510-417 TB||34-29 ATL|
|12/18/2017||N/A||Buccaneers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||410-373 ATL||24-21 ATL|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Buccaneers average total over the last three games is 3.2 points fewer than the 50.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- The under has been the norm for Tampa Bay. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three games.
- The Falcons total over the last three games is 9.5 points fewer than the 50.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Atlanta has struggled to cover recently, going 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over the last three contests.
- Atlanta has gone under the total three times in their last three games.
Buccaneers: C A.Q. Shipley: Out (Neck), TE O.J. Howard: Out (Achilles), SS Justin Evans: Out (Foot), RB T.J. Logan: Out (Knee), NT Vita Vea: Out (Ankle), RB Ronald Jones II: Questionable (Finger), WR John Franklin: Out (Knee), CB Jamel Dean: Questionable (Groin)
Falcons: WR Julio Jones: Questionable (Hamstring), G James Carpenter: Questionable (Groin), FS Ricardo Allen: Questionable (Concussion), SS Damontae Kazee: Out (Achilles), OT Kaleb McGary: Questionable (Personal), CB Jordan Miller: Out (Oblique), WR Olamide Zaccheaus: Out (Toe), DE Marlon Davidson: Questionable (Knee)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Seahawks vs Vikings Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Betting Analysis
- NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 3