- Game Day: Saturday, December 26, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: NFL Network
- Location: Detroit, MI
- Stadium: Ford Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay has a 7-7 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers are just 0-1 ATS when playing as at least 9.0-point favorites.
- Most of Tampa Bay’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have gone over the point total (57.1%).
- The Buccaneers average points scored this season (28.6) and the Lions points allowed (31.1) are within 2.5 points of each other.
- In games where Tampa Bay score at least 28.6 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 31.1 points or fewer this year, the Lions have put together a 5-3 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit’s games have hit the over in nine out of 14 outings this season (64.3%).
- Detroit has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- The Lions average points scored this season (23.9) and the Buccaneers points allowed (22.9) are within one point of each other.
- Detroit is 4-4 overall and 5-3 against the spread when they score at least 23.9 points this season.
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.9 points.
|Buccaneers (-9)||Under (54)||Buccaneers 32 Lions 22|
- The Buccaneers’ average point total in matchups this year is 51.6, 2.4 points less than the total in this game.
- Lions games this season have averaged a total of 55 points, 1.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
- In 35.7% of their games this season (five of 14 chances), the Buccaneers and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 54.0 points.
- In nine of 14 outings (64.3%) this season, Detroit and its opponents have combined to score more than 54.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.5 less points per game (52.5) than this matchup’s over/under of 54.0 points.
- The Buccaneers and the Lions have seen their opponents average a combined 54 points per game, the same as the point total set in this outing.
Buccaneers vs Lions: Last 5 Meetings
Detroit has an edge against Tampa Bay over the past five meetings between these two squads, putting together a 3-2 record in those games. In those games against the Lions, the Buccaneers have a 1-0 record against the spread. Detroit has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 123 points while Tampa Bay scored 120.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/15/2019||Buccaneers||Lions||-6||46||-240||+205||495-295 TB||38-17 TB|
|12/10/2017||N/A||Buccaneers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||434-400 DET||24-21 DET|
|12/7/2014||N/A||Lions||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||407-233 DET||34-17 DET|
|11/24/2013||N/A||Lions||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||390-229 DET||24-21 TB|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Tampa Bay has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three outcomes.
- The under has been the norm for Tampa Bay. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Buccaneers average total over the last three games is 4.3 points fewer than the 54.0 total listed for this matchup.
- Detroit has been playing well lately, going 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three games.
- Detroit has gone over the total two times in their last three games.
- The Lions total over the last three games is 9.3 points greater than the 54.0 total given for this matchup.
Buccaneers: C A.Q. Shipley: Out (Neck), OT Donovan Smith: Out (Illness), WR Cyril Grayson: Out (Undisclosed), TE O.J. Howard: Out (Achilles), SS Justin Evans: Out (Foot), RB T.J. Logan: Out (Knee), NT Vita Vea: Out (Ankle), RB Ronald Jones II: Out (Illness), CB Carlton Davis: Questionable (Groin), WR John Franklin: Out (Knee)
Lions: DE Everson Griffen: Out (Illness), CB Desmond Trufant: Out (Hamstring), DT Danny Shelton: Out (Knee), DE Trey Flowers: Out (Wrist), CB Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Hip), OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Questionable (Concussion), CB Tony McRae: Out (Knee), WR Kenny Golladay: Questionable (Hip), C Frank Ragnow: Questionable (Fractured Throat), DE Da’Shawn Hand: Out (Ankle), OT Tyrell Crosby: Questionable (Ankle), FB Nick Bawden: Out (Torn Acl), CB Mike Ford: Questionable (Concussion), DE Julian Okwara: Questionable (Leg), CB Jeff Okudah: Out (Groin), DT Jashon Cornell: Out (Left Achilles)