Like in online betting where big gambles often come with big payouts, NFL teams have joined the business of risking it big as they gamble for big results. And just like in the world of betting, the risks sometimes pay huge dividends for the teams (like the Dallas signing of college bust Leonard Davis, who became a sensation in the NFL), and in other occasions, they can backfire in a huge way (see Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III for reference). Simply put, gambles come with no guarantees, but without them, we rid ourselves the chance of knowing what may or may have not been. So rather than avoid them, we take them while being fully aware that it could all end up in a good or bad way for us. As we progressively approach the new NFL season, let’s take a look at some of the teams that have taken big gambles that have the potential of helping them win big or lose miserably.
Replacing the decorated Jim Harbaugh, who had transformed the Niners from a mediocre unit to Championship-worthy team, with Jim Tomsula, a man with zero NFL head coaching experience, is probably the riskiest offseason coaching gamble made by any team in 2015.
To make matters worse, the 49ers have lost a ton of talent, including All-Pros Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and Andy Lee, guard Mike Iupati, starting linebacker Chris Borland, cornerback Chris Culliver, star wide receiver Michael Crabtree and San Francisco’s All-time leading rusher Frank Gore. In return, the team barely got any formidable replacements, with WR Torrey Smith, tackle Darnell Dockett, RB Reggie Bush and handful of draft prospects probably being the only noteworthy additions. Added to the revamped coaching staff that will be assisting Tomsula, the 49ers will really have to sweat it in 2015 if they are to have a successful season.
Not Worthy. The too many ill-advised changes will make it difficult for the team to gel in time for adequate competition in 2015.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2020 NFL Week 3 ATS Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Week 3 SU Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Week 3 O/U Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – September 22nd Edition
- Patriots vs. Raiders Odds and Computer Picks (Week 3)
- New Orleans Saints vs. Green Bay Packers Odds and Computer Picks (Week 3)
- Top 5 NFL 2020 Highest Paid Players Expert Analysis
- Top 5 NFL 2020 Offensive Players Expert Analysis
- NFL Betting Tips for Week 3 of the 2020 Season
- Jaguars vs. Dolphins: Week 3 Line and Betting Trends for Thursday Night Football
- Titans vs. Vikings: September 27, 2020 Odds and Computer Picks
- Eagles vs. Bengals: September 27, 2020 Odds and Computer Picks
- 49ers vs. Giants Line and Betting Trends September 27, 2020
- Steelers vs. Texans: Week 3 Line and Betting Trends
- Atlanta Falcons vs. Chicago Bears Line and Betting Trends September 27, 2020