Like in online betting where big gambles often come with big payouts, NFL teams have joined the business of risking it big as they gamble for big results. And just like in the world of betting, the risks sometimes pay huge dividends for the teams (like the Dallas signing of college bust Leonard Davis, who became a sensation in the NFL), and in other occasions, they can backfire in a huge way (see Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III for reference). Simply put, gambles come with no guarantees, but without them, we rid ourselves the chance of knowing what may or may have not been. So rather than avoid them, we take them while being fully aware that it could all end up in a good or bad way for us. As we progressively approach the new NFL season, let’s take a look at some of the teams that have taken big gambles that have the potential of helping them win big or lose miserably.
Replacing the decorated Jim Harbaugh, who had transformed the Niners from a mediocre unit to Championship-worthy team, with Jim Tomsula, a man with zero NFL head coaching experience, is probably the riskiest offseason coaching gamble made by any team in 2015.
To make matters worse, the 49ers have lost a ton of talent, including All-Pros Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and Andy Lee, guard Mike Iupati, starting linebacker Chris Borland, cornerback Chris Culliver, star wide receiver Michael Crabtree and San Francisco’s All-time leading rusher Frank Gore. In return, the team barely got any formidable replacements, with WR Torrey Smith, tackle Darnell Dockett, RB Reggie Bush and handful of draft prospects probably being the only noteworthy additions. Added to the revamped coaching staff that will be assisting Tomsula, the 49ers will really have to sweat it in 2015 if they are to have a successful season.
Not Worthy. The too many ill-advised changes will make it difficult for the team to gel in time for adequate competition in 2015.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Patriots vs Bears NFL Week 7 Betting Odds & Expert Pick
- Texans vs Jaguars NFL Week 7 Spread, Prediction & Pick
- Browns vs Buccaneers NFL Week 7 Odds & Prediction
- Bills at Colts NFL Week 7 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Chargers NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Broncos at Cardinals NFL Week 7 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Colts at Jets NFL Week 6 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Falcons NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Eagles at Giants NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night