The Houston Texans (4-11) have an expected tough fight to halt their four-game losing streak as they are 7.5-point underdogs against the Tennessee Titans (10-5) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at NRG Stadium. The over/under is set at 56.0 for the game.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, TX
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Titans Betting Insights
- Most of Tennessee’s games this year — 12 out of 15 — have hit the over (80%).
- Tennessee has compiled a losing 7-8 record against the spread this season.
- The Titans have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- The Texans defense has allowed 28.2 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 30 the Titans have scored.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Tennessee is 8-1 and 6-3 against the spread.
- When the Houston defense allows 28.2 points or fewer this year, the Texans have pieced together a 4-4 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
Texans Betting Insights
- Most of Houston’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have finished under the point total (53.3%).
- Houston has put together a losing 5-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Texans are just 0-1 ATS when an underdog by at least 7.5 points.
- The average points per game output for the Texans this season, 23.1, is 3.6 fewer than the 26.7 the Titans have given up in each contest.
- In games where Houston scores at least 23.1 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- Tennessee is 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.7 points.
|Texans (+7.5)||Under (56)||Titans 29 Texans 25|
- The average total the Titans have had set in matchups this season is 0.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Texans games this year is 4.7 less points than the point total of 56.0 in this outing.
- In 46.7% of their games this year (seven of 15 chances), the Titans and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 56.0 points.
- The Texans and their opponents have added up to score at least 56.0 points in 20% of their games this year (three of 15 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 53.1 points per game, 2.9 less points than the over/under of 56.0 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.1 less points per game (54.9) than this game’s total of 56.0 points.
Titans vs Texans: Last 5 Meetings
In the last five meetings between these two squads, Tennessee holds a 3-2 advantage over Houston. The Titans are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Texans. Tennessee has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, scoring 135 points while Houston scored 125.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/18/2020||Titans||Titans||-4.00||52.00||-200||+175||601-412 TEN||42-36 TEN|
|12/29/2019||Titans||Texans||-9.5||43.5||-420||+360||467-301 TEN||35-14 TEN|
|12/15/2019||Titans||Titans||-3.5||50||-167||+145||432-374 TEN||24-21 HOU|
|11/26/2018||N/A||Texans||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||462-365 HOU||34-17 HOU|
|9/16/2018||N/A||Titans||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||437-283 HOU||20-17 TEN|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Tennessee is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up in their last three outcomes.
- The over has been friendly to Tennessee. They have gone over the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Titans average total over the last three games is 0.7 points fewer than the 56.0 over/under given for this matchup.
- Houston has struggled to cover lately, going 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three games.
- Houston has gone under the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Texans total over the last three games is 3.3 points fewer than the 56.0 total given for this matchup.
Titans: K Stephen Gostkowski: Out (Illness), OT Taylor Lewan: Out (Acl), DE Jadeveon Clowney: Out (Knee), OT Ty Sambrailo: Out (Undisclosed), WR Adam Humphries: Out (Concussion), CB Chris Milton: Out (Knee), ILB Jayon Brown: Out (Elbow), WR Cody Hollister: Out (Illness), CB Breon Borders: Out (Hip), SS Dane Cruikshank: Out (Groin), P Trevor Daniel: Out (Illness), OLB Derick Roberson: Questionable (Hamstring), OT Isaiah Wilson: Out (Personal), CB Kristian Fulton: Questionable (Undisclosed)
Texans: WR Randall Cobb: Out (Toe), OLB Whitney Mercilus: Out (Illness), SS Michael Thomas: Out (Shoulder), OT Brent Qvale: Questionable (Concussion), CB Bradley Roby: Out (Suspended), CB Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee), DE Brandon Dunn: Out (Pelvis), ILB Benardrick McKinney: Out (Shoulder), RB Duke Johnson: Questionable (Neck), WR Will Fuller V: Out (Suspension), OT Laremy Tunsil: Doubtful (Ankle), FS Eric Murray: Out (Illness), QB Deshaun Watson: Questionable (Arm), CB Gareon Conley: Out (Ankle), OLB Dylan Cole: Out (Back), SS Justin Reid: Out (Hand), DT P.J. Hall: Out (Torn Pectoral), OLB Duke Ejiofor: Out (Torn Acl), G Hjalte Froholdt: Out (Illness), OT Tytus Howard: Out (Concussion), FB Cullen Gillaspia: Out (Back)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Week 3 Opening Odds Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Seahawks vs Vikings Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Betting Analysis
- NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Betting Analysis – Week 3