The Houston Texans picked up a big win last weekend but it came at a high cost as superstar defensive end J.J. Watt suffered a season-ending torn pectoral muscle. Now, with Houston looking to improve their playoff hopes they look like they will be tested by a Jacksonville Jaguars team that has put themselves in a nice position heading into the second half of the season despite playing a rookie quarterback that had to quickly assume the reins when veteran Nick Foles was injured in their regular season opener. Now, with these two AFC South division rivals going all out for the ‘W’ let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their respective NFL odds in this one!
Texans vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines, Game Info & Analysis
- When: Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 9:30 AM ET
- Where: Wembley Stadium, London
- TV: NFL Network
- NFL Week 9 Odds: Houston -2 / Total: 47
Why Bet On Houston?
The best reason to back Houston in this Week 9 division clash is because they have a MVP-caliber star in quarterback Deshaun Watson. The third-year signal-caller has completed a blistering 69.3 percent of his passes for 2,231 yards with 16 touchdowns and a modest five interceptions. The former national champion at Clemson torched Oakland for three TD passes and no picks in last week’s hard-fought 27-24 win. The Texans have also showed some mettle by winning on the road against the Chargers and Chiefs and they rank ninth in scoring (26.5 ppg). Last but not least, Houston has won three straight in this AFC South rivalry.
- Average Score For: 26.43
- Total Yards: 393
- Pass Yards: 261.86
- Rush Yards: 131.14
- Average Score Against: 23.43
- Total Yards: 341.86
- Pass Yards: 275.57
- Rush Yards: 84.29
Why Bet On Jacksonville?
The best reason to back the Jags in this contest is because of the mostly eye-opening play of rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew II. The former Washington State star has been fantastic in completing 61.9 percent of his passes for 1,976 yards with 13 TD passes and just three interceptions. The Jaguars should also be fairly confident after winning each of their last two games, although those victories came against the pitiful Bengals and Jets. Jacksonville also ranks fifth in rushing (136.5 ypg) and 12th in points allowed (20.4 ppg).
- Average Score For: 20.57
- Total Yards: 378.43
- Pass Yards: 238.29
- Rush Yards: 140.14
- Average Score Against: 21.14
- Total Yards: 361
- Pass Yards: 243.86
- Rush Yards: 117.14
NFL Week 9 Betting Trends for Texans vs Jaguars
- Texans are 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games against Jacksonville
- Texans are 5-2 SU in the last 7 games
- The total went OVER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games on the road
- Jaguars are 5-2 ATS in the last 7 games
- Jaguars are 6-14 SU in the last 20 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 5 games against Houston
Texans vs Jaguars Expert Analysis and Prediction
I know the Houston Texans lost a big piece of their defense with J.J. Watt gone for the remainder of the regular season, but they still have the best player on the field in this contest in Deshaun Watson and the second best for that matter in pro Bowl wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins. Still, I’m expecting Jacksonville to put up a real fight in this one before narrowly falling.
The Jags have gotten some great play from rookie Gardner Minshew II and they have a solid rushing attack and defense. However, Houston ranks fifth in run defense and they have the better quarterback in this pairing. The Texans are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Jacksonville and the road team in this AFC South rivalry has gone 12-4-1 ATS in their last 17 meetings.
Back the Texans to get ‘er done!
Pick: Houston 27 Jacksonville 23
More NFL Week 9 Betting News
- NFL Picks Week Nine (Ep. 747)
- Cowboys vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- 49ers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Lions vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Preview
- Buccaneers vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Titans vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 9 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Jets vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Game Analysis
- Colts vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 9 Parlay Betting Picks
- Texans vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines, Game Info & Analysis
- Bears vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 9 Betting Lines & Preview
- Vikings vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game