Okay NFL gridiron gamblers, if you’re excited about the start of the 2015 NFL regular season and you want to get a head start on just which teams are likely to cash in early and often one Week 1 gets underway on Thursday, Sept. 10, then you’re in luck! Thanks to the trio of expert Week 1 NFL betting picks that you’re about to get, you’re going to be well on your way toward making a series of potentially winning wagers. With that said and training camp moving right along, let’s get started.
Thursday, Sept. 10
NFL Odds: New England -6
Analysis: I know the New England Patriots are the league’s defending Super Bowl champions, but boys are a near touchdown favorite against a very good Pittsburgh Steelers team that has its own legitimate Super Bowl title hopes coming into the 2015 regular season and rightfully so.
Not only did the Steelers win the tightly-contested AFC North in 2014, but they also finished the regular season ranked second in total offense (411.1 ypg) and an identical second in passing (301.6 ypg).
Veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tied Drew Brees for the league passing title with 4,952 yards while tossing 32 touchdown passes and just nine interceptions. Pro Bowl receiver Antonio Brown led the league in catches and receiving yards with a whopping 129 grabs for 1, 698 yards while also finishing third in touchdowns with 14 scores to finish third behind Marshawn Lynch (17) and Dez Bryant (16).
Pittsburgh also got a fantastic campaign out of gifted running back Le’veon Bell with the second-year superstar finishing second to DeMarco Murray in rushing with 1,361 yards.
While Bell will miss this contest, it’s quite possible that Patriots quarterback Tom Bray will as well, though that issue is still up in thee air at this point. Whether Brady plays or not, I just don’t see the Pats winning this Week 1 opener by the seven points it would take to cover the 6-point spread.
New England will almost certainly win double digit games for the umpteenth time this coming season, but I also expect them to take a slight step backwards defensively because of the losses of key veterans like Darrelle Revis and Vince Wilfork.
Pittsburgh is 6-4 SU and ATS in its last 10 road games and 3-0 SU over their last three away dates. While New England has gone 6-4 SU and ATS in their last 10 games as a favorite of six points or less and 3-1 SU and ATS in their last five home dates against the Steelers, I still like Pittsburgh to cover the spread in this telling opener if Brady plays. If he doesn’t, I like the Steelers to win outright.
The Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers +6 Points
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction
- Colts vs Texans NFL Week 14 Lines & Game Preview
- Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- Saints at Buccaneers NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Ravens vs Chiefs NFL Week 14 Odds & Expert Pick
- Bengals vs Chargers NFL Week 14 Lines & Betting Pick
- Broncos vs 49ers NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Panthers vs Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Preview
- Rams vs Bears NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview