Okay NFL gridiron gamblers, if you’re excited about the start of the 2015 NFL regular season and you want to get a head start on just which teams are likely to cash in early and often one Week 1 gets underway on Thursday, Sept. 10, then you’re in luck! Thanks to the trio of expert Week 1 NFL betting picks that you’re about to get, you’re going to be well on your way toward making a series of potentially winning wagers. With that said and training camp moving right along, let’s get started.
Thursday, Sept. 10
NFL Odds: New England -6
Analysis: I know the New England Patriots are the league’s defending Super Bowl champions, but boys are a near touchdown favorite against a very good Pittsburgh Steelers team that has its own legitimate Super Bowl title hopes coming into the 2015 regular season and rightfully so.
Not only did the Steelers win the tightly-contested AFC North in 2014, but they also finished the regular season ranked second in total offense (411.1 ypg) and an identical second in passing (301.6 ypg).
Veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tied Drew Brees for the league passing title with 4,952 yards while tossing 32 touchdown passes and just nine interceptions. Pro Bowl receiver Antonio Brown led the league in catches and receiving yards with a whopping 129 grabs for 1, 698 yards while also finishing third in touchdowns with 14 scores to finish third behind Marshawn Lynch (17) and Dez Bryant (16).
Pittsburgh also got a fantastic campaign out of gifted running back Le’veon Bell with the second-year superstar finishing second to DeMarco Murray in rushing with 1,361 yards.
While Bell will miss this contest, it’s quite possible that Patriots quarterback Tom Bray will as well, though that issue is still up in thee air at this point. Whether Brady plays or not, I just don’t see the Pats winning this Week 1 opener by the seven points it would take to cover the 6-point spread.
New England will almost certainly win double digit games for the umpteenth time this coming season, but I also expect them to take a slight step backwards defensively because of the losses of key veterans like Darrelle Revis and Vince Wilfork.
Pittsburgh is 6-4 SU and ATS in its last 10 road games and 3-0 SU over their last three away dates. While New England has gone 6-4 SU and ATS in their last 10 games as a favorite of six points or less and 3-1 SU and ATS in their last five home dates against the Steelers, I still like Pittsburgh to cover the spread in this telling opener if Brady plays. If he doesn’t, I like the Steelers to win outright.
The Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers +6 Points
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Patriots vs Bears NFL Week 7 Betting Odds & Expert Pick
- Texans vs Jaguars NFL Week 7 Spread, Prediction & Pick
- Browns vs Buccaneers NFL Week 7 Odds & Prediction
- Bills at Colts NFL Week 7 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Chargers NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Broncos at Cardinals NFL Week 7 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Colts at Jets NFL Week 6 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Falcons NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Eagles at Giants NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night