NFC North foes meet when the Minnesota Vikings (2-5) host the Detroit Lions (3-4) on Sunday, November 8, 2020 U.S. Bank Stadium. Minnesota is favored by 3.5 points. The game’s over/under is set at 52.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Vikings Betting Insights
- Minnesota’s games have hit the over in five out of seven opportunities this season (71.4%).
- Minnesota is 4-3 against the spread.
- The Vikings are just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The Vikings have averaged 3.3 fewer points per game this season (26.1) than the Lions have allowed (29.4).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Minnesota is 2-2 and 3-1 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 29.4 points or fewer this year, the Lions have accumulated a 3-1 overall record and a 3-1 record against the spread.
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit’s games have hit the over in four out of seven outings this season (57.1%).
- Detroit has put together a losing 3-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Lions have averaged 5.3 fewer points per game this season (25.3) than the Vikings have allowed (30.6).
- In games where Detroit scores at least 25.3 points this season, they are 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- Minnesota is 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.6 points.
|Lions (+3.5)||Over (52)||Vikings 29 Lions 27|
- The Vikings and their opponents have put up at least 52.0 points — this matchup’s point total — in five of seven opportunities (71.4%) this season.
- The Lions have played in three games this year (out of seven total matchups — 42.9% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 52.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.6 less points per game (51.4) than this game’s over/under of 52.0 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 60 points per game, 8.0 more than the point total in this game.
- The average point total in Vikings games this season is 4.7 more points than the over/under of 52.0 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Lions this year is 2.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Vikings vs Lions: Last 5 Meetings
In the last five meetings between these two squads, Minnesota has a 5-0 advantage over Detroit. The Vikings are 2-0 against the spread in those games against the Lions. Minnesota has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, scoring 143 points while Detroit notched 78.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/8/2019||Vikings||Vikings||-12||44||-530||+440||354-231 MIN||20-7 MIN|
|10/20/2019||Vikings||Lions||-2.5||43||-143||+128||503-433 MIN||42-30 MIN|
|12/23/2018||N/A||Lions||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||340-223 MIN||27-9 MIN|
|11/4/2018||N/A||Vikings||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||283-209 MIN||24-9 MIN|
|11/23/2017||N/A||Lions||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||408-289 MIN||30-23 MIN|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Vikings and their opponents have combined to score an average of 55.3 points over their last three games, 3.3 more than the 52.0 over/under in this matchup.
- Minnesota has gone 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall over the last three contests.
- Minnesota has hit the over two times in the last three contests.
- The Lions have averaged a total of 52.3 combined points over their last three games, 0.3 greater than this game’s total of 52.0.
- Detroit has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three contests.
- Detroit has gone under the total two times in their last three games.
Vikings: SS George Iloka: Out (Acl), OLB Anthony Barr: Out (Pectoral), DE Danielle Hunter: Out (Back), ILB Todd Davis: Out (Illness), OLB Ben Gedeon: Out (Undisclosed), CB Mike Hughes: Out (Neck), CB Holton Hill: Out (Foot), CB Mark Fields II: Out (Chest), ILB Cameron Smith: Out (Heart), DE Kenny Willekes: Out (Leg), CB Cameron Dantzler: Out (Neck), CB Harrison Hand: Questionable (Hamstring), S Myles Dorn: Out (Undisclosed)
Lions: OLB Christian Jones: Questionable (Knee), DE Trey Flowers: Out (Wrist), CB Darryl Roberts: Out (Hip), G Joe Dahl: Questionable (Back), OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Questionable (Foot), ILB Jarrad Davis: Out (Illness), WR Kenny Golladay: Out (Hip), WR Jamal Agnew: Out (Ribs), FS Tracy Walker: Out (Foot), FB Nick Bawden: Out (Torn Acl), TE Hunter Bryant: Out (Concussion), DE Julian Okwara: Out (Leg), S Jalen Elliott: Out (Illness), DT Jashon Cornell: Out (Left Achilles)