The Philadelphia Eagles (4-10-1) are slight, 1.5-point underdogs in a road NFC East matchup with the Washington Football Team (6-9) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 Lincoln Financial Field. The point total is set at 43.0 for the outing.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Washington Betting Insights
- Washington has an 8-6-1 record against the spread.
- Washington has split its games 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- Most of Washington’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have failed to go overthe point total (60%).
- Washington puts up 21 points per game, 5.5 fewer than Philadelphia surrenders per matchup (26.5).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 21 points.
- When Philadelphia allows no more than 21.3 points, it has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 4-3-1 record overall.
Eagles Betting Insights
- Philadelphia has a losing 5-10 record against the spread.
- Philadelphia is just 1-6 ATS when an underdog by at least 1.5 points.
- Most of Philadelphia’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have finished underthe point total (53.3%).
- Philadelphia puts up just 0.3 more points per game (21.3) than Washington surrenders (21).
- Philadelphia is 4-4 against the spread and 4-3-1 overall a season ago when the team records at least 21.3 points.
- Washington has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when it gives up 21 points or less.
|Eagles (+1.5)||Over (43)||Eagles 23 Football Team 22|
- Seven of Washington’s games have gone over 43.0 points this season (46.7% of matchups).
- 12 of Philadelphia’s games have gone over 43.0 points this year (80% of matchups).
- These two teams average a combined 42.3 points per game, 0.7 fewer points than this matchup’s total.
- Combined, these teams allow 47.5 points per game, 4.5 more points than this matchup’s total.
- Washington has an average point total of 42 in its outings this year, 1.0 fewer point than this game’s over/under.
- Philadelphia has a 47.9-point average over/under in its contests this season, 4.9 more points than this game’s point total.
Washington vs Philadelphia: Last 5 Meetings
In the last five meetings between these two teams, Philadelphia holds the edge with a 4-1 record over Washington. Washington is 2-1 against the spread in those games against Philadelphia. Philadelphia has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, recording 138 points while Washington scored 94.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/13/2020||Eagles||Washington||-5.50||42.00||-245||+210||265-239 PHI||27-17 WAS|
|12/15/2019||Eagles||Washington||-7||39||-315||+265||415-362 PHI||37-27 PHI|
|9/8/2019||Eagles||Eagles||-10.5||44.5||-500||+410||436-398 PHI||32-27 PHI|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Washington||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||360-89 PHI||24-0 PHI|
|12/3/2018||N/A||Eagles||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||436-235 PHI||28-13 PHI|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Washington has gone 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall over their last three games.
- The under has been familiar to Washington. They have failed to reach the total three times in their last three outcomes.
- Washington and its opponents have combined to score an average of 35.3 points over its last three games, 7.7 less than the 43.0 over/under in this matchup.
- Philadelphia has struggled to cover recently, going 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three contests.
- Philadelphia has hit the over three times in their last three outcomes.
- Philadelphia has averaged a total of 52.7 combined points over its last three games, 9.7 greater than this matchup’s total of 43.0.
Washington: OLB Thomas Davis Sr.: Questionable (Knee), QB Alex Smith: Questionable (Calf), ILB Kevin Pierre-Louis: Questionable (Ankle), SS Landon Collins: Out (Torn Achilles), FS Deshazor Everett: Out (Chest), DT Matt Ioannidis: Out (Bicep), TE Temarrick Hemingway: Out (Wrist), ILB Reuben Foster: Out (Knee), OLB Ryan Anderson: Out (Knee), OT Geron Christian Sr.: Out (Knee), ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton: Out (Elbow), QB Kyle Allen: Out (Ankle), CB Greg Stroman: Out (Foot), WR Emanuel Hall: Out (Torn Achilles), WR Kelvin Harmon: Out (Torn Acl), RB Bryce Love: Out (Knee), WR Terry McLaurin: Doubtful (Ankle), TE Thaddeus Moss: Out (Foot), OL Saahdiq Charles: Out (Knee)
Eagles: OT Jason Peters: Out (Toe), DT Fletcher Cox: Questionable (Neck), G Brandon Brooks: Out (Torn Left Achilles), FS Rodney McLeod: Out (Knee), OT Lane Johnson: Out (Ankle), TE Richard Rodgers: Questionable (Ankle), DT Hassan Ridgeway: Out (Biceps), CB Kevon Seymour: Out (Knee), CB Cre’Von LeBlanc: Out (Ankle), TE Josh Perkins: Out (Upper Body), DE Derek Barnett: Questionable (Calf), OLB Duke Riley: Questionable (Biceps), OLB Nathan Gerry: Out (Ankle), TE Dallas Goedert: Questionable (Calf), DE Josh Sweat: Out (Wrist), CB Avonte Maddox: Out (Knee), OT Jordan Mailata: Questionable (Concussion), CB Craig James: Out (Shoulder), G Sua Opeta: Out (Back), OT Andre Dillard: Out (Biceps), LB Shaun Bradley: Questionable (Shoulder), OT Jack Driscoll: Out (Knee (mcl)), LB Davion Taylor: Out (Knee)