Okay NFL betting enthusiasts, as you know, it’s never too soon to start getting prepared for another brand new NFL season. Thanks to the ‘trifecta’ of Week 1 expert NFL picks that you’re about to receive, you’re going to have a great chance to kick off your 2015 NFL wagering campaign with a trio of winning wagers. With that thought in mind and NFL training camps starting to heat up like the August temperatures, let’s get started…
Sunday, Sept. 13
NFL Odds: Carolina -4
While the teams haven’t met since 2011, Carolina has won two of the last three meetings against Jacksonville. Sure, the Panthers have lost each of their two road games against the Jags dating back to 1996, but I don’t think any of that will matter as these cross-conference franchises rarely play one another in the regular season and don’t have any ‘real’ history behind their non-rivalry.
Having said that, I think it’s a no-brainer that Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers are the easy pick to win this road contest outright and cover the spread with a bit of room to spare. I know Carolina had a modest campaign in 2014 in going 7-8-1 SU and 8-8 ATS and O/U, but the Panthers are light years ahead of the Jaguars in terms of being a legitimate contender.
I like Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles, but I’m not sure the Jaguars have surrounded him with enough talent at the skill positions for him to really succeed. The Jaguars have question marks all over the place on defense, not to mention a head coach in Gus Bradley that will enter 2015 on what should be the hottest seat of any coach in the league.
Quarterback Cam Newton is entering his fifth year in the league and reportedly has a chip the size of Mount Rushmore sitting on his shoulder after throwing the fewest touchdown passes of his career last season (18) and compiling his lowest quarterback rating to date (82.1).
Jonathan Stewart will start at running back after rushing for 809 yards and a stellar 4.6 yard average in 2014. Stewart is still just 28-years-old and is extremely talented, if underrated. Carolina’s pair of starting wide receivers has the potential to be one of the best in the league for the foreseeable future at the very least. The Panthers added 6-4 former Michigan wideout Devin Funchess with the 41st overall pick in this year’s draft after nabbing talented 6-5 wideout Kelvin Benjamin with the 28th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft a year ago. Cam Newton also has a sure-handed veteran tight end in 6-5 Greg Olsen. I like the Panthers to win outright people and cover the spread!
The Pick: Carolina 27 Jacksonville 17
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction