Headed to #TBvsDET presented by @repreve? Here’s the gameday guide: http://t.co/BjB4fUr3DA pic.twitter.com/LJLSqX9HW2 — Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 5, 2014The Detroit Lions have done things a little differently this season, and have actually had to rely heavily on their defense in order to win games. They are in the top ten in passing yards, but the stat that really stands out is their number 1 ranking on run defense. Try and ram the ball down the throat of the Lions defense at your own peril. What is ironic here is that their own running game ranks near the bottom of the pack, and they have now gone 6 straight weeks without crossing 100 yards in rushing in a single game. They are winning right now, but that lack of balance could be trouble down the road.
There are very few teams who can win consistently without a very good starting QB at the helm. The Detroit Lions looked to be in trouble when star WR Calvin Johnson went down injured, but QB Matthew Stafford was able to still run the offense and rack up wins during the absence of the man he throws to the most. The team they face this weekend, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, have a pair of QB’s duking it out for the start, neither of whom would get near the starting job on the best teams in the league. So let’s review the NFL betting odds and other valuable information heading to this game. Venue: Ford Field Date: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 1:00 pm Mike Glennon and Josh McCown are both serviceable QB’s. but neither one looks ready for prime time just yet, which is a big reason why the Bucs are currently 17th in the league in passing. That’s not to say that the QB position is their only issue, as they are also 29th in the run game, while their defense seems incapable of stopping the run or the pass. This is a team that definitely wear their 2-10 record very well, and which does not really show any signs of promise without some sort of major overhaul taking place.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Possible Super Bowl Matchups After Divisional Round Games
- NFL 2021 Power Rankings After Divisional Round Games
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis