With Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts coming off a humbling loss in their regular season opener and the New York Jets recording a convincing win of their own, the Week 2 pairing between these two AFC Super Bowl hopefuls should be a thriller right? Um, I don’t think so NFL betting fans. Now, here’s why.
The New York Jets got off to a start that was so slow that it looked like the J-E-T-S were moving backwards. Fortunately for them, they picked up the pace in the second half and then rolled all over the Cleveland Browns in their 31-10 Week 1 win while covering the spread as a 3.5-point home favorite. Veteran quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick helped the Jets score 24 unanswered points in the second half by completing15 of 24 pass attempts for 179 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Veteran running back Chris Ivory rushed for 91 yards and two scores on 20 carries.
A lot of Colts fans are all up in arms about their team’s 27-14 Week 1 loss to Buffalo, but I’m not – mostly because I predicted it. Quarterback Andrew Luck was harassed into an uninspiring 26-for-49 and two-interception passing day while new starting running back Frank Gore was held to 31 yards on eight carries. “They forced us into those errors,” Luck said. “They are a good team and they made it hard for us to do things that we wanted to do. That’s a heck of a front four and they beat us pretty badly.”
54 percent of public bettors like Indianapolis to cover the spread while 58 percent also like the Over. Unfortunately for New York, they’re catching Indy at a bad time seeing as how the Colts just got spanked a week ago and assuredly won’t let that happen again.
While I love the Jets’ hiring of Todd Bowles as head coach and genuinely believe he’ll get this team back on track at some point in the near future, now is not quite that time – or should I say – at least not in this game.
The Colts are 18-3 ATS in their last 21 games following an SU loss and a bankroll-boosting 21-6-1 ATS in their last 28 home games. Conversely, the Jets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games against a team with a losing home record and 1-4-1 ATS in their last six games in September. I’m also going with a pick for the Under, seeing as how the Under has gone 7-1 in the Colts’ last eight games against their AFC rivals and 4-1 in their last five home games against a team with a winning road record.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction