Not so long ago, I bumped into an interesting read from Stephen J. Dubner of Football Freakonomics, who did an analytical piece on the popular adage that Defense Wins Championships. In many ways, Dubner underlined the importance of having a good offense, but emphasized that having a good defense is just as vital in winning championships. Whether or not you agree with the piece is for you to decide, but after Week 1 of the 2015-16 NFL season, it wouldn’t be that far-fetched to claim that Defense Helps in Winning Games. Case-and-point, the embattled San Francisco 49ers heavily relied of on their defense to snap a three-game losing streak to Minnesota, choking down the offensive threat of star RB Adrian Peterson and QB Teddy Bridgewater to beat the Vikings 20-3 on Monday night. A day before that, the Broncos (despite a lackluster play from the offense) had a stellar defensive showing to avoid an upset from Baltimore, while Miami, St. Louis and the NY Jets equally had their defenses to thank for their crucial Week 1 victories against Washington, Seattle and Cleveland, respectively. NFL betting odds due to the solid nature of their defenses.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2019 Super Bowl 53 Betting Odds Recap
- Early Super Bowl 54 Odds & Predictions
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.