The Detroit Lions and Minnesota Vikings and their NFL betting fans will both be looking to avoid an 0-2 start when they square off in a huge Week 2 NFC North divisional battle that could have postseason implications for both teams. Let’s find out who’s going to bring home the bacon in this intriguing matchup.
The Lions (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS), dominated the first half in their Week 1 matchup against San Diego, but fell to the Chargers 33-28 and failed to cover the NFL betting line as a 3.5-point underdog. Matthew Stafford completed 19 of 30 pass attempts for 246 yards with two touchdowns but tossed two costly interceptions in the loss after the Lions had a 21-10 first half lead. Rookie running back Ameer Abdullah rushed seven times for 50 yards and one touchdown.
Minnesota (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS), disappointed me on Monday night as they clearly weren’t prepared for a San Francisco 49ers team that jumped all over them in Week 1. Teddy Bridgewater and the Vikings went down hard in their season-opening 20-3 loss to the Niners and now they’ll look to bounce back and to avoid the dreaded 0-2 start.
Bridgewater completed 22 of 32 passes for 231 yards with one interception, but simply didn’t make the impact that many are expecting from him this season. Future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson was held to 31 rushing yards on 10 attempts in his first regular season game in almost a year and the Vikings defense got shredded for 168 rushing yards by Niners’ running back Carlos Hyde.
“Maybe we’re just not ready for prime time yet,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “This performance leads me to believe in that. Everybody’s been talking about us for 11 months, and maybe we thought we were a little bit better than what we were.”
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Cowboys vs Redskins NFL Week 7 Lines & Prediction
- How to Bet Saints vs Ravens NFL Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis
- Lions at Dolphins NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Pick
- Patriots vs Bears NFL Week 7 Betting Odds & Expert Pick
- Panthers at Eagles NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Preview
- Texans vs Jaguars NFL Week 7 Spread, Prediction & Pick
- Browns vs Buccaneers NFL Week 7 Odds & Prediction
- Bills at Colts NFL Week 7 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Chargers NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Broncos at Cardinals NFL Week 7 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction