Buoyed by their first win of the season that came in Week 3, the New York Giants are sure to travel to the Ralph Wilson Stadium in search of nothing less than another win against the Buffalo Bills this Sunday. That is however easier said than done, as they’ll be facing a Buffalo team that is coming off an equally morale-boosting Week 3 victory over division rivals, the Miami Dolphins, and is hoping to stay a little longer on the winning column. This sets up an exciting NFL lines clash that is likely to go down to the wire in the fourth quarter. When it’s all said and done, who will be emerging on the victorious end? Let’s find out, as we take a look at the game preview and analysis specially prepared for you below.
Venue: Ralph Wilson Stadium, Orchard Park, N.Y.
Date: Sunday, October 4, 2015
Time: 1:00 PM ET
NFL Lines: Giants (+5.5) at Bills (-5.5), OVER/UNDER 46.5
Beating the Redskins 32-21 was a largely commendable performance from the Giants, who’d twice shot themselves in the fourth quarter against the Falcons and Cowboys and lost games that they’d have easily won. QB Eli Manning was the star of last Thursday’s show, as he connected with Reuben Randle and Odell Beckham Jr. on two TD passes, while he finished the game with 279 yards on 23 of 32 passing. Outside the touchdown receptions, Randle and Beckham were efficient in moving the ball, finishing with 116 and 79 yards, respectively. Unfortunately, Manning and his receivers will be facing a terrific Buffalo defense that surrendered just 14 points against Ryan Tannehill and his talented Buffalo offense. After star QBs Tom Brady and Andrew Luck also struggled to breach this defense in Week 1 and 2, there’s no doubt that Manning and his shaky O-line will be in for a tougher night than last week’s game against Washington. RBs Andre Williams and Rashad Jennings have also not been in their effective self, something that invites more trouble to New York’s offense from Buffalo’s stellar front four.
Just about the only saving grace for New York is that a number of Buffalo’s key pieces in the secondary (like Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams and Ronald Darby) are nursing injuries. If Manning and his unit can find ways of exploiting such holes, the Giants could be able to push the Bills harder than the Dolphins did last week. On the flipside, Buffalo’s QB Tyrod Taylor continued to prove why he was worthy of being named as the team’s starter, as he passed for 277 yards and 3 TDs in his first-ever NFL road start. He finished the game with an impressive quarterback rating of 136.7 and led the Bills to a praiseworthy 41-14 win over Miami. With the entire Buffalo supporting him this Sunday, the ceiling of expectations couldn’t be any higher for Taylor’s performance.
A healthy LeSean McCoy could have been a crucial piece for Rex Ryan’s team this week, but with the star RB set to be sidelined due to a hamstring injury that has limited his efficiency this season, the Bills will be looking up to rookie Karlos Williams to fill the gap. Having gained 110 yards on 12 carries against Miami last week, including a splendid 41-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter, it’s safe to say that New York’s defense won’t be having it any lighter even in the absence of McCoy. Apart from LB Uani Unga and S Landon Collins, the Giants’ defense has been pretty mediocre, with the absence of Jason Pierre-Paul and his leading pass rush services looking costlier than ever.
As a note, though, the Giants ground defense has been surrendering just 74.7 rushing yards per game this season (good for second-fewest in the NFL), meaning Taylor and his offense will need to be ready to kick it through the air if Buffalo’s league-best rushing offense (averaging 152.7 rushing yards per game through the first three weeks) is choked by New York’s solid rush defense.
Key Betting Trends
• New York G is 4-6 SU and 5-5 ATS in its last 10 road games
• Buffalo is 6-4 SU and 5-5 ATS in its last 10 home games
• New York G is 5-1-1 ATS in its past 7 games against the Bills
• Buffalo is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
• New York G is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
• Buffalo is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
• NY Giants is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games
• Buffalo is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
• The OVER is 2-1 for both teams this season
• The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Giants’ last 5 games
• The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Buffalo’s last 19 games
• The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Giants’ last 6 games on the road
Giants at Bills NFL Picks
Even with Manning and the Giants playing spiritedly, this game has Buffalo’s name written all over it on the win column, and rightfully so. The Bills have a simply-too-good defense that is highly likely to frustrate the Giants, hence giving the Bills enough time to carve apart New York for a win plus cover. In the game total, both teams have sufficient offensive talent to push the game for around 50-or-more points, which should allow the total to go OVER the set 46.5 total.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction