By taking an introspective look at the Cincinnati Bengals, as well as examining their opponents and headway made by them over the offseason, there a signs that the Cincy team is slightly improved and a strong showing in the NFL odds could be possible, on paper. But looking at the reality on the ground, well, things could be tougher and unfavorable for Andy Dalton and Co.
The 1990s was a forgettable period for the Bengals who disappointed mightily. In the 2000s, Marvin Lewis took over Cincinnati, constantly showing flashes of being on the verge of winning it big, but failing to measure up when the faced big opponents. Over the last four years (2011-2014), the Bengals have looked even better, recording 40 regular season wins, averaging at 10 wins per year, and making it to four successive postseason appearances.
Unfortunately, even with such positive strides, the Bengals are yet to notch a postseason win under coach Lewis, repeatedly being defeated in all their first playoff games. With the measure of success in the high echelons of football often being graded by postseason success and not regular season wins, it is no wonder the Cincinnati Bengals have often been viewed as joyriders, rather than a serious team in the league.
Considering the training camps are yet to begin and we are yet to know the 53-man roster in Cincinnati, it’s hard to pinpoint what bettors can expect in 2015, especially in regards to whether they’ll be any good this season. Still, based on the information we already have now, we can make some educated speculations, as is done below.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 11 Parlay Picks
- Bears vs Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Odds
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
- Buccaneers vs Giants NFL Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Packers vs Seahawks NFL Week 11 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 11 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL Week 11 Over/Under Picks
- NFL Week 11 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 11 SU Betting Picks
- Seahawks vs Rams NFL Week 10 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Giants vs 49ers NFL Week 10 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Dolphins at Packers NFL Week 10 Lines & Expert Pick
- Cowboys vs Eagles NFL Week 10 Odds & Prediction
- Redskins vs Buccaneers NFL Week 10 Lines & Pick
- Patriots vs Titans NFL Week 10 Odds & Expert Prediction