By taking an introspective look at the Cincinnati Bengals, as well as examining their opponents and headway made by them over the offseason, there a signs that the Cincy team is slightly improved and a strong showing in the NFL odds could be possible, on paper. But looking at the reality on the ground, well, things could be tougher and unfavorable for Andy Dalton and Co.
The 1990s was a forgettable period for the Bengals who disappointed mightily. In the 2000s, Marvin Lewis took over Cincinnati, constantly showing flashes of being on the verge of winning it big, but failing to measure up when the faced big opponents. Over the last four years (2011-2014), the Bengals have looked even better, recording 40 regular season wins, averaging at 10 wins per year, and making it to four successive postseason appearances.
Unfortunately, even with such positive strides, the Bengals are yet to notch a postseason win under coach Lewis, repeatedly being defeated in all their first playoff games. With the measure of success in the high echelons of football often being graded by postseason success and not regular season wins, it is no wonder the Cincinnati Bengals have often been viewed as joyriders, rather than a serious team in the league.
Considering the training camps are yet to begin and we are yet to know the 53-man roster in Cincinnati, it’s hard to pinpoint what bettors can expect in 2015, especially in regards to whether they’ll be any good this season. Still, based on the information we already have now, we can make some educated speculations, as is done below.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Buffalo Bills
- NFL Rumors & News: Jags Dust off Urban and Deshaun Wants Out of Houston
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers NFC Championship Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Championship Round Odds and Computer Picks January 24, 2021
- Possible Super Bowl Matchups After Divisional Round Games
- NFL 2021 Power Rankings After Divisional Round Games
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis